Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is this guy?

Options
  • 20-03-2009 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭

Just seen a guy off Grafton Street - he looks like a cross between Marilyn Manson and Frankenstein. White painted face, thin build, spikes in his skin, leather trousers, elevated shoes, mid-30s, about 6' 10" in height (!), looks miserable. Seems to appear every few months and then he's gone. Usually sits by the Central Bank alone. What is the story with this guy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Perhaps he's run away from home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭BlueMonke

Your very observant, if I was to do the same about the weirdo's I have seen in town we'd be here all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

My name is Paul and I'm very sensitive about my appearance. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I don't know but the Central Bank seems to be the prime hang out place for people like you described

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Run of the mill angst ridden Dublin goth/punk. Hardly surprising to see these street urchins still hanging about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

haven't seen that guy,

but what about that loopy woman thats around town...she's early 50s, plastered in make up, dark hair, high heels, black leather mini skirt and she's always making passes at men that walk past her ..sometimes lifting her skirt at them shouting..."look at me knickers"

this town sure has some characters...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

fryup wrote: »
    haven't seen that guy,

but what about that loopy woman thats around town...she's early 50s, plastered in make up, dark hair, high heels, black leather mini skirt and she's always making passes at men that walk past her ..sometimes lifting her skirt at them shouting..."look at me knickers"

Black Hair and sometimes wears fishnets?
    If its the same woman I am thinking of, i think she may be a prostitute, offered her services to every male on the downstairs of the 65b a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I know the guy you mean.
    He use to go into the bathrooms in Mcy D's on grafton street to do his make up, then again to take it off.
    Seen him do it a few times, watched in wonder as he took such care in his make up, then put on his MASSIVE leather trench coat with spikes all over it.

And yeah, central bank...

Most depressing place on earth, stay away from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

jonny24ie wrote: »
    If its the same woman I am thinking of, i think she may be a prostitute, offered her services to every male on the downstairs of the 65b a few years ago.
    She's not a prostitute i'd say and I doubt her mental health is all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

and what about the guy who stands on the streets around for hours on end staring into space,

he usually has a woolly hat on, long curly hair, long dark coat, kinda tall...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

fryup wrote: »
    haven't seen that guy,

I love that lady! It was a complete mindf*ck the first time I ever saw her on O'Connel bridge :o

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

This thread is interesting.....i want more.....Lol.....

Some budding photographer needs to get out there and get some shots of these characters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Do any of ya remember the lady that used to dance at the site of the spire before it was put there? She was in her 60s with white/blonde hair and she used to stay there all day dancing, she might have been god squad too,, cant really remember.
    As a kid we used hear rumours like she plays off all nice and then kidnaps kids, rofl she was known as "mad Mary"

theres another strange one been in town for the past few years too. a man in his late 50s id say and he dresses up in womens clothes, skirt, fishnets the works. he wears a few different wigs usualy shoulder length but he never bothers to shave to complete the getup, lol hairly legs and all.

Masada wrote: »
    Do any of ya remember the lady that used to dance at the site of the spire before it was put there? She was in her 60s with white/blonde hair and she used to stay there all day dancing, she might have been god squad too,, cant really remember.
    I do remember her from the 1980's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Guys, let try be a little less insulting of Dublin charactors in this forum please.

No worries mate. I will remove the previous remark.

My recollections of her are quite scant. Didn't she wear a shawl and have really accentuated make up / lipstick and carry a bunch of flowers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

dSTAR wrote: »
    No worries mate. I will remove the previous remark.

My recollections of her are quite scant. Didn't she wear a shawl and have really accentuated make up / lipstick and carry a bunch of flowers.

Someone posted a photo of her here recently, which I can't find that the moment.

But your thinking along the correct lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Masada wrote: »
    As a kid we used hear rumours like she plays off all nice and then kidnaps kids, rofl she was known as "mad Mary"

We always knew her as mad Mary too. I think i've seen her as recently as last year.

I'm not sure of the bloke that dresses up in the womens clothing but by coincidence, i did see some matching that description (without the fishnets) on O'Connell on Thursday or Friday.

Also the Aul'wan who dresses up in the skimpy gear and makes passes at people is still about. I remember about 10 years ago on a bank holiday Monday i decided to go on a walk into town with me Da and as we were walking up a deserted Henry Street we ran into my primary school principal who was also a Brother. As we stood there talking she came along stood right beside us and was all flashy as she does be and as i stood there as a 14 or so year old with my father, my principal and a brother of the faith i can still remember feeing probably the most akward i've ever felt in my life.

dSTAR wrote: »

lol, yeah thats right, really strong red lipstick and i have seen her with flowers. its been a good few years since i have seen her though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 jason31

have seen him in the george a few times, never had the the nerve to talk to him but he sure floats my boat!!!

thinkj if i wanted to be like anybody id like to be like him, he rocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I've lived in Dublin city centre for about 11 years so I know all these people you're talking about.

There's also the guy who sits outside coffee shops in the powercourt area (from Wicklow Street to Aungier Street) who always has a furry hat on and raver clothes. He's about 45. He's always alone and has a notepad with him.

I've heard he own the George's Arcade, but I don't really believe that as he seems to be mentally ill.

Ha anyone ever seen the guy who walks around town with his siberian wolf/husky kind of dog in a celtic jersey? i remember years ago he used to have 2 of them with him but in recent years ive only ever seen him with 1.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

jonny24ie wrote: »

used always linger round donneybrrok, outside our school ( st conleths) scared many a man in chastity in my class :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I used to work on Aungier st. Some amount of characters out that direction. One guy used to come in to the shop I worked in every night and loudly exclaim 'I'm an old man! But I still have my feet!'

When you hear this kind of stuff you automatically think you've lost your mind. And you probably will if you live in Dublin too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I've lived in Dublin city centre for about 11 years so I know all these people you're talking about.

There's also the guy who sits outside coffee shops in the powercourt area (from Wicklow Street to Aungier Street) who always has a furry hat on and raver clothes. He's about 45. He's always alone and has a notepad with him.

I've heard he own the George's Arcade, but I don't really believe that as he seems to be mentally ill.

He's far from mentally ill, just a little eccentric. I believe he's quite well off, which is probably why he's able to sit around all the time drinking coffee. He is in the music business as far as I'm aware. He was in a video for some dublin band not so long ago.

I was working in the Peats on College Green one time when the 'flasher' came into the shop. She was looking for batteries or something for her walkman. I was desperately worried she was going to carry on in the shop but thankfully she kept her blouse on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

I used to work in shop on O'Connell street years ago and Mad Mary used to come in looking for change all the time,and turkish delight,she always had the most freakishly big smile on her face and kinda sang as she asked you,and always was accompanied by 'oh god bless you,god bless you'..............................................................The flasher woman Ive encountered afew times,I actually know afew auldfellas that have claimed to have had a go at that(shudder),shes not all there,I think shes in John of gods and walks around on day release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 murphious

Somebody dressed different and everyone assumes they are insane ? interesting..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

murphious wrote: »
    Somebody dressed different and everyone assumes they are insane ? interesting..

Oh it's not the dressing different........... it's the carry on. The lifting up of her blouse, flashing her bits and then shouting loudly at the top of her voice. The clothes thing (no bra) is secondary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Oh it's not the dressing different........... it's the carry on. The lifting up of her blouse, flashing her bits and then shouting loudly at the top of her voice. The clothes thing (no bra) is secondary.

Is it the Diesel Queen? She can often be found travelling along the main Cork to Dublin road? Has a tattoo on her left boob, I think, & isn't really partial to wearing a bra. Likes to wear skimpy clothes even though she shouldn't!

Advertisement