Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Aston Villa 16:00 Sunday Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Karma is a wonderful thing for Villa after they made a mockery of the Uefa.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Harsh red card indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

A small bit of good news for United fans, Friedel will miss the United game after the international break. :o
    Unless they appeal it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

A small bit of good news for United fans, Friedel will miss the United game after the international break. :o

to be fair its not really that good

hes been pretty dodgy of late, guzan is capable of doing a job anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Karma is a wonderful thing for Villa after they made a mockery of the Uefa.
    QFT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Even Lucas nearly scored :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The Villa playerss wanna be back in Dubai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Helix wrote: »
    to be fair its not really that good

hes been pretty dodgy of late, guzan is capable of doing a job anyway

Was gonna say, what's Guzan like? Is he decent??

Lovely bit of skill by Rieira there.

And now Skrtl is getting in in the act.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Bit shakey tbh. Will be intimidated in OT methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

lol @ Villa, their luck has well and truly run out.

And Man U next week...

As for Pool, are they on steroids the last few weeks...

Riera is Man of the Match for me

Think I will sue the company I am working for for emotianal distress after making me work and miss this game :)

monkey9 wrote: »

hes decent, just doesnt shout at the defence enough

hes capable of stepping up

And Man U next week...

is there an echo in here?

Brad Snr's record of consecutive games now gonna end too

attack attack attack attack attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

And Man U next week...

Nope, just rested and raring to go at the end of the season thanks to Rafa's rotation policy :P

That's the thing about luck, it always runs out.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, nice to hear the Villa fans chanting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Daemonic wrote: »
    Nope, just rested and raring to go at the end of the season thanks to Rafa's rotation policy :P

HAHA classic :)

• Advertisement

it is nice to here the real Villa fans chanting now

Great to see Danny Agger back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Savman wrote: »
    QFT.

Villa are far too big a club for the UEFA Cup...:D

12 minutes left, we can still get a point out of this i reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Just come in and looked at the score :D. Has Torres not scored yet? Feckin' waster. Drop him.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't think I've ever enjoyed watching one of Benetiz's team this much, absolutely outstanding football from Liverpool today. Reira looks today as if he is in the class of Gerrard and Torres

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Here comes Gardner!

and theres the yellow right on time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

PHB wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever enjoyed watching one of Benetiz's team this much, absolutely outstanding football from Liverpool today. Reira looks today as if he is in the class of Gerrard and Torres

Agreed.

Who let Riera drink from Gerrard and Torres water before the game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Agreed.

Who let Riera drink from Gerrard and Torres water before the game?

If only he done so more often, he has been crap the past 2 months before today after a great initial few months.
    Looked excellent today again.

fckin ell ive had enough the stream i was watching just put youll never walk alone playing over injury time, i like liverpool and the song but no Villa fan is going to sit through that at 5-0 with the game still playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

The stream im watching is playing a pretty dire version of

You'll Never Walk Alone

at full blast:o

*video now!!! looks like really cheap karokie mucka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

fckin ell ive had enough the stream i was watching just put youll never walk alone playing over injury time, i like liverpool and the song but no Villa fan is going to sit through that at 5-0 with the game still playing

Turn the sound down?

Here comes Gardner!

and theres the yellow right on time

hahaha

hes great isnt he

you can set your watch by the chap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

.....unreal game. We are back what a goal from Riera OMG ! awesome LFC display.

Its official, its not a joke, we are destroying top teams in the prem... !!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

my guess is that its a liverpool fan running it. at the end of the utd game he had a little montage made up saying "if you support utd you are a loser" while YNWA was playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

coz he never does, and is tactically inept

on 60-65 mins he'll make a bizarre substitution tho

wait and see

Harsh in fairness..

Harsh in fairness..

what was harsh about it exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

.....unreal game. We are back what a goal from Riera OMG ! awesome LFC display.

Its official, its not a joke, we are destroying top teams in the prem... !!!!!!!

1 win in 7 isnt a top team

but I have to give credit where credit is due liverpool are causing me to sweat

going to be some finish to the league and im kinda looking forward to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

International break will be annoying for Benetiz. If we had to play PL games on Wednesday I'd imagine he'd be much happier to keep the momentum going.

What I think the most interesting thing of all will be that when we gets back, there will be 4 games in a row. 2 PL 2 CL. Fulham @ H and Blackburn @ A.
    Will he rest players for Chelsea in those games?

what was harsh about it exactly?

Nevermind...

Anyway, great result for Liverpool!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I think the red card was a perfectly fine decision. The decision point for me is if you give the peno or not but if you accept if it's a penalty then I don't see what else the ref can do but to send him off. Torres would clearly score if Friedel didn't contact him.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

International break will be annoying for Benetiz. If we had to play PL games on Wednesday I'd imagine he'd be much happier to keep the momentum going.

What I think the most interesting thing of all will be that when we gets back, there will be 4 games in a row. 2 PL 2 CL. Fulham @ H and Blackburn @ A.
    Will he rest players for Chelsea in those games?

He'll possibly bring in the likes of Agger/Babel/Insua/Benayoun, but I'm not sure if that qualifies as resting players. If Alonso/Gerrard/Torres don't start when there is not fitness concern then it is resting. I think all the above have good cases for inclusion (Babel less than the others perhaps) and should not weaken things too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

cooker3 wrote: »
    I think the red card was a perfectly fine decision. The decision point for me is if you give the peno or not but if you accept if it's a penalty then I don't see what else the ref can do but to send him off. Torres would clearly score if Friedel didn't contact him.

harsh or not i think it's a bad decision for us. The game was won and now villa lose their 'keeper for their next game which is against man utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

cooker3 wrote: »
    thought it was a peno but a terrible decision to send him off .
    you can clearly see him making himself small by taking his arms in as to avoid torres who in turn ran in to him .
    what is he expected to do lie down. ref should use common sense but the problem with common sense is its not very common

thought it was a peno but a terrible decision to send him off .
    you can clearly see him making himself small by taking his arms in as to avoid torres who in turn ran in to him .
    what is he expected to do lie down. ref should use common sense but the problem with common sense is its not very common

this is exactley how i saw it and at the time thought pen but harsh red but in retrospect why was it a pen at all? Torres pushes it past Friedel who was coming out, the keeper turned his body away from torres so as not to foul/impede him as the ball was already past him and he didnt want to give away a pen, then Torres ran into him.

certain goal if Friedel hadnt of touched Torres i suppose but for me it was more the Striker hitting into the keeper

this is exactley how i saw it and at the time thought pen but harsh red but in retrospect why was it a pen at all? Torres pushes it past Friedel who was coming out, the keeper turned his body away from torres so as not to foul/impede him as the ball was already past him and he didnt want to give away a pen, then Torres ran into him.

certain goal if Friedel hadnt of touched Torres i suppose but for me it was more the Striker hitting into the keeper

The sending off was completely wrong in my opinon but I can certainly see why it was given as a penalty..

The sending off was completely wrong in my opinon but I can certainly see why it was given as a penalty..

true id have considerd Villa v lucky if it wasnt awarded and one thing you couldent call Villa today was lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I dont think Liverpool fans should be shouting about anything until after the Villa game tomorrow. It could still end up a pretty bad weekend for you all things considered.

Its unlikely, but so was us getting beaten 2-0 by fulham.

Id hold onto the horses just yet.

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

CAN WE SHOUT ABOUT LIVERPOOL IN A TITLE RACE COME APRIL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The United match changes the psychology.

Before Liverpool knew that they had to win to stay within an outside shot of winning the title. Tomorrow they know that they have to win to be fairly serious title challengers, over-taking Chelsea.

How Liverpool perform tomorrow, as the expected winner, will tell you an awful lot about how good Benetiz and the squad are.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Headshot wrote: »
    1 win in 7 isnt a top team

Aston Villa are 5th in the league, they are a top premiership side, they are 5th in the league, theres 20 teams in the league so I guess that makes AV a top team.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Aston Villa are 5th in the league, they are a top premiership side, they are 5th in the league, theres 20 teams in the league so I guess that makes AV a top team.

Hardly.

Liverpool have been playing a lot of rubbish teams of late.

Real Madrid - Had an off night. Sorry, two nights, home and away. Rubbish.
    Man Utd - Better team on the day, very unlucky to lose that match. Lucky lucky Liverpool.
    Aston Villa - Real pretenders. How they are not in the relegation zone I do not know.

Liverpool are just really fortunate to be coming up against teams who all seem to having off days. Really lucky.

;)

Advertisement