Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Aston Villa 16:00 Sunday Match Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    bridge.jpg

ohhhhyou obviously dont know me that well :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

K-9 wrote: »
    Think Arsenal had games in hand. We may have actually been top but Arsenal had 3 games in hand.

I'm sure Boggles will inform us with his wisdom on this thread.

Lets just drop it and not get into that arguement again. it wasnt pretty last time.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Mr Alan wrote: »
    well written posts alright.

i'll never forgive him for what he said about Reina after the Arsenal CL game at Anfield last year though.
    alan it could have been worse it could have been fernando:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

podge018 wrote: »
    the game was on telly slick

wow your a bit late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

late for what?

late for what?

the game:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

you've lost me.

I was telling slickrick there's no need for that level of detail when we all saw it with our own eyes anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Stekelly wrote: »
    Lets just drop it and not get into that arguement again. it wasnt pretty last time.:)

Speaking of which, he's very quite lately.

I wonder what his stats are when Liverpool win.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Speaking of which, he's very quite lately.

I wonder what his stats are when Liverpool win.

dont be causing trouble now

bloody flaming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

you've lost me.

I was telling slickrick there's no need for that level of detail when we all saw it with our own eyes anyway.

Why bother talking about it at all when we've all seen it? Personally, I enjoy reading a clear and well written detailed report of LFC matches. Sometimes I just go mental and buy a newspaper, flick to the sport section and then, (you're gonna flip when you hear this now), actually read a detailed report on a game liverpool have just played. I guess I'm just weird like that though. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Why bother talking about it at all when we've all seen it? Personally, I enjoy reading a clear and well written detailed report of LFC matches. Sometimes I just go mental and buy a newspaper, flick to the sport section and then, (you're gonna flip when you hear this now), actually read a detailed report on a game liverpool have just played. I guess I'm just weird like that though. :rolleyes:

and i'm a bit weird and enjoy writing them when in the mood :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Thanks SlickRic for the match report,it's always good to read those as you'll get differing takes on the game from different eyes every time.

I'm just going to have to presume that the people getting on to you don't read the papers or listen to the pundits on tv after a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah SlickRic, you're dreamy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Dave! wrote: »

;)

Dave! wrote: »
    SlickRic wrote: »
    ;)

Get a room you two love birds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Headshot wrote: »
    Get a room you two love birds!

Maybe you and Jes_thas_gre could recommend somewhere? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Just back in Ireland, that was a horrible expierence. The defence was shocking NRC had a mare, every goal was easily avoidable, 2 penalties, 2 from free kicks and 1 from a long ball from Reina. The side in the 2nd half was crazy we had a RB at LB, CM at RB, CF at LM and LM at CF. Petrov was the only positive played very well and looked the captain trying to get everyone goin, if any pool fan thought Barry could improve that side I think they may rethink

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Maybe you and Jes_thas_gre could recommend somewhere? ;)

room 1408

btw no need to be jealous LL ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Haven't seen too much mention of it, but a very nice surprise yesterday was how often Arbeloa was right up there supporting. Joined in on most attacking moves. Now, he fluffed his lines more then once, but thats to be expected since he's not done it so much before.

The fact that he had the license and inclination to charge up the field is a very positive sign imo.

Also, just bravo for Riera, fantastic performance. Didn't do as many tricks as he was pulling off earlier in the season, but all the important stuff was there, and he tracked back very well at times too. When he's on form, he really is outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭lint316

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Haven't seen too much mention of it, but a very nice surprise yesterday was how often Arbeloa was right up there supporting. Joined in on most attacking moves. Now, he fluffed his lines more then once, but thats to be expected since he's not done it so much before.

The fact that he had the license and inclination to charge up the field is a very positive sign imo.

Also, just bravo for Riera, fantastic performance. Didn't do as many tricks as he was pulling off earlier in the season, but all the important stuff was there, and he tracked back very well at times too. When he's on form, he really is outstanding.
    Very true. Arbelo was barely allowed to cross the half way line before recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

In fairness, Arbeloa does a lot of attacking up the right. He gets up there a lot in fact.

Agree with Riera, he was my Man of the Match.

Also, a word for Auerlio. He's actually much better than i ever thought he was. Once he gets a run of games, he really shows his quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Anytime Aurelio gets a run in the team he looks like one of the best around, its just usually followed by an injury....hopefully he can put that in the past though.

Agree with Monkey9, dont notice any massive difference with Arbeloa, he is always rather offensive despite what people may like to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭lint316

monkey9 wrote: »
    Also, a word for Auerlio. He's actually much better than i ever thought he was. Once he gets a run of games, he really shows his quality.
    This season I think he's really been excellent. I think he's our best player from a dead ball

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

With Aurelio at least the international breakes give him a chance to recharge, because he is criminally under-rated - thank ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

edit whoops wrong thread. :o

On Aurelio + 1 to the above, the Sunday Times has a big article on him and notes how he should take all free kicks as he takes them better than Gerrard or Alonso (that said Stevies free yesterday was nicely judged).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

The free yesterday was on the wrong side for a left-footer to curl it in. But I agree, anything central or to the right side of the pitch where he can curl them in, Aurelio should be getting first option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Did it finish 0 - 0 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Anytime Aurelio gets a run in the team he looks like one of the best around, its just usually followed by an injury....hopefully he can put that in the past though.

Agree with Monkey9, dont notice any massive difference with Arbeloa, he is always rather offensive despite what people may like to say.

He was always decent for supporting on the line and keeping moves going, but yesterday he was actually getting into the box, not just like a supporting FB, but an out and out attacker. I've just not seen the side from him before, usually in support he's within 5 meters of the touchline. Was just nice to see a bit of dynamism from him

Aurelio for me has become out of our most important players, he's really taken on responsibility and acts like a leader out there. Against Pompy he was outstanding in midfield and scored a very important goal there. Against United he kept Ronaldo very quiet and got another great goal

Who's bald and spent Sunday helpless in a box?
    Brad Friedel ye sick bastards

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

wrong thread...

• Advertisement

Now bare with me have you ever heard of the liverpool thread?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

haha, sorry, I thought I clicked into the Liverpool thread... :P

Advertisement