Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for a herd number

• 20-03-2009 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Apologies if this question has been asked a million times before but I have looked on the Teagasc & Dept of Agriculture website & cannot see any direct link to an application form. Can someone enlighten me as to how I go about applying for a herd number? Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Ring your local Dept of Agriculture and Food, (Michael Davitt House in Castlebar for Mayo), Superintending Vetinary Inspector.

They will come and visit butthere are a few basic requirements you should attend to first, such as a suitably sized shed for a sick animal, a crush, a double barbed wire fence and drinking troughs out from hedgerows at a height of 2 foot. Ask the inspector what they require before the visit.

Advertisement