Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor Ins.: Who to use for naming young drivers on a parents policy?

Options
  • 20-03-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just a quick request. Any suggestions on any particular brokers that do good rates for young drivers? I'm 18 and want to get out on the road but minted I am not. Just got a ridiculous quote from my dads current provider and I can rig round every company but feeding them information for two drivers will waste a lot of their time and mine.

Thanks,
    Lethal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I got my son aged 18 at the time named on my policy for 500 with insure.ie. They're a broker. The policy is actually Axa Family Plus. With my son.hubby and myself on policy it came to €800 which I thought was a great price. It was only last September that we did it. Put in all the details on the wesite and it will throw you up three or four quotes and you can pick the one that suits best. We ended up with a claim as a dog ran into the car while I was driving and banged up a wing fairly badly. The claim was handly very speedily so I was well pleased.

Advertisement