Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me a nice new TV €450 - €500

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Have you calcualated in shipping charges ?

I wouldnt make the change tbh, save the money and buy some more games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Yeah delivery is an extra €15.90 so total would be €514.90. Has anyone any reviews on this tv? cant seem to find much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,619 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

weedhead wrote: »
    Hi,

Not sure if this is in the right thread but anyway I am interested in getting something to make use of my new Xbox (with Hdmi slot) and was thinking along the lines of this one

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2330155/art/toshiba/regza-37xv556-5dg-lcd-tel.html

I actually have this one (Philips) currently and was thinkin would it really be worth the difference for the sake of a few extra quid

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=334632

So is it worth an extra €100 if i sell what i got to get a full HD television ?

the thing thats stands out right away is the res and size

basically the TOSHIBA REGZA has higher res which means 1080p and the 37" compared to the philips 32"

but if i was you I consider buying the tv else where than pixmania

iv heard bad stories about them

what about richard sounds
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

no point in changin to that TV, would just be a waste of money

U should read up on the relative pixel sizes and stuff, basically if u have yer nose to the screen then u might see the diff between 1080p and 720p at 37'' but remember that a lot of games n stuff are 720p anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Take your cash up north and you'll get something far better in a bricks n mortar shop, my friend picked up a 40" 1080P Samsung in Argos for 530, you should look into it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

no point in changin to that TV, would just be a waste of money

U should read up on the relative pixel sizes and stuff, basically if u have yer nose to the screen then u might see the diff between 1080p and 720p at 37'' but remember that a lot of games n stuff are 720p anyway.

your probably right, but the Toshiba is a good bargain for a Full HD Television. Is there such a thing as a terrible quality Full HD television ? im not too familiar with this kinda thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yeah up north would be worth a look. Also check out powercity's website as they have some good offers on tv's from time to time.

Friend bought his there and got a good deal on an LG 32" for about 400 euro or so with all the inputs you'd expect and some extra ones too.

You can guy online and collect in store too and they have the stock levels for the stores on the site so you can see if you can just turn up and buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

I suggest you post in the richersounds forum and see what they come with. They seem to do good deals for boards members and their customer service is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

All I'm saying is you already have a HD tv, so unless you are gonna spend about €1300 there is no point upgrading yer TV. instead of looking for 1080p you should focus on refresh rate, luminance and contrast ratio at the sizes and prices you are talking about. I would recomend a 100Hz plasma if you are gonna buy anything around the prices you are gonna spend. But that would be if did not already have a HD tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I was thinking of getting the 720p Plasma LG 50inch in Pc world 850 euro. Just for my gaming room, I might spend an extra 200 or so and get the 1808p.

Up north
    For 500-600 you can pick up a 40-52inch screen in the likes of Argos, Pc world Dixons, Currys. Just shop around. And like a guy earlier said go north and get them 30% to 50% cheaper again.

I just picked up a Mini laptop in PC world in the UK (got my sister living there to pick it up) for £219, same one here is 450 euro. exchange rates about 250 euro I paid for it. Almost half price.

If you can go to the north do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

I bought this one a while ago. IMO it has very good picture quality! I can only recommend it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

ebay 32 inch cller screen 3 going for 300 euros there aboputs 4 days to diliver my old man got one.. ther enice tvs ...

better then those plasma samsongs ...

Advertisement