Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have an LG Cookie?

• 20-03-2009 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

Was thinking of getting this although im also considering the Viewty as well. The Samsung Omnia is a bit expensive right now.

Anyone who has a cookie, what do they think of it? worth getting? or indeed anyone that has a viewty as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Corholio wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting this although i am also considering the Viewty as well. The Samsung Omnia is a bit expensive right now.

Anyone who has a cookie, what do they think of it? worth getting? or indeed anyone that has a viewty as well?

The Lg cookie has a 3'2 megapixel and no 3g.
    Some Similar touchscreen phones.
    The LG Viewty has 5 megapixel.
    The Samsung Tacco is also good with a 5 megapixel.
    The Lg Renoir has a 8 megapixel camera and A-GPS

http://www.cnet.co.uk/search/index.htm?c=reviews&q=lg+viewty

If it is not the camera but fun and user friendly with the latest technology cheap then you might also consider the Nokia 5800 xpress. Its the cheapest mobile phone that challenges the i-phone, It has A-GPS and is very user friendly and a 3.2 megapixel camera. It also looks great and is of course a touch phone.It has to be better than the LG cookie and its Nokia.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

pirelli wrote: »
    The Lg cookie has a 3'2 megapixel and no 3g.
    Some Similar touchscreen phones.
    The LG Viewty has 5 megapixel.
    The Samsung Tacco is also good with a 5 megapixel.
    The Lg Renoir has a 8 megapixel camera and A-GPS

http://www.cnet.co.uk/search/index.htm?c=reviews&q=lg+viewty

If it is not the camera but fun and user friendly with the latest technology cheap then you might also consider the Nokia 5800 xpress. Its the cheapest mobile phone that challenges the i-phone, It has A-GPS and is very user friendly and a 3.2 megapixel camera. It also looks great and is of course a touch phone.It has to be better than the LG cookie and its Nokia.

Thanks for the quick roundup there

Wouldnt agree with the 5800 looking great though, it has that horrible plastic rim around the edge. Not really looking for a music phone anyway which most of the reviews seem to be stating its aim is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Corholio wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick roundup there

Wouldnt agree with the 5800 looking great though, it has that horrible plastic rim around the edge. Not really looking for a music phone anyway which most of the reviews seem to be stating its aim is for.

It is not to be underestimated. The rim provides screen protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭starwidow

the 5800 is one of the worst touch screens to cross my hand the touch on it is terrible.

back on topic i wouldn't go for the cookie either firstly it's not 3G, only a 3.2 camera and again the screen on it is sluggish and unresponsive.

i'd recommend the tocco only affordable touch phone i've had that i actually like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

LG Renoir is very popular

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

starwidow wrote: »
    the 5800 is one of the worst touch screens to cross my hand the touch on it is terrible.

back on topic i wouldn't go for the cookie either firstly it's not 3G, only a 3.2 camera and again the screen on it is sluggish and unresponsive.

i'd recommend the tocco only affordable touch phone i've had that i actually like

Have found the complete opposite to be true in my opinion.

Maybe it's the UI but I couldn't make the Tocco "do" anything without having to repeatedly tap the thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The Viewty is cheap on Meteor at the moment, it's €20 more than the Cookie, it really is a good phone and it's a lot tougher than most toucscreens, if you let it fall it won't normally disintigrate...

It's a lot better specked than the Cookie, Not as fragile as the Tocco and Cheaper than the Renior...

Go with the viewty....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Unless you really want a recently released phone I don't see why anyone would go for the Cookie over the Viewty with the way both are priced here.

Advertisement