Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

p90 or g36c??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I didn't like the safety on the P90, also the mags are awkward to get pouches for.

Again, the mags of the G36 are clunky (bad for me, good for some) and pouches are hard to get.

The JG is solid as a rock, but I can't talk for either of the P90s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

between the first and last i'd pick whichever you like the look of better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

I've got the CA P90 with the integrated red dot.

Pros
    It preforms well, is accurate, and has a nice rof. As far as mags go, i put mine in my M4 pouches and just have them stick out the side.

Cons
    I've had some winding issues with the hicap mags, and you have to take them out completely to wind them.
    Also, if your going to get the one with the integrated red dot sight, be careful. The batteries are a tight fit and recently someone shot the battery cover and it pretty much disintegrated, so no more red dot.

As far as the JG G36c goes, it's build like a rock, and correct me if i'm wrong but i thinks its li-po ready

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

Craigsy wrote: »
    I've got the CA P90 with the integrated red dot.

Pros
    It preforms well, is accurate, and has a nice rof. As far as mags go, i put mine in my M4 pouches and just have them stick out the side.

Cons
    I've had some winding issues with the hicap mags, and you have to take them out completely to wind them.
    Also, if your going to get the one with the integrated red dot sight, be careful. The batteries are a tight fit and recently someone shot the battery cover and it pretty much disintegrated, so no more red dot.

As far as the JG G36c goes, it's build like a rock, and correct me if i'm wrong but i thinks its li-po ready

Where did you get your p90 craigsy? So which one would you say is better? P90 or the G36c? I love the look of the p90,but i want something thats gonna last,thats built well,good quality and preforms well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

TunnelWeb wrote: »
    I love the look of the p90,but i want something thats gonna last,thats built well,good quality and preforms well.

If you are looking for all that then get any P90 except the ones made by CA.

• Advertisement

I got my P90 from mainirshairsoft. Had not trouble with it so far

If you want total reliablity I'd go with the G36c, i'm not sure whats tougher, the g36 or titanium:D

I got my P90 from mainirshairsoft. Had not trouble with it so far

If you want total reliablity I'd go with the G36c, i'm not sure whats tougher, the g36 or titanium:D

Hahahaha.:D The g36 is good yeah?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

You'd be mad to touch a CA P90. the gears in them are made from Papier-mâché, It will break and in most cases its usually within the first few weeks too. their just not worth the hassle.
    I have the ACM one and its probably even better than the TM and its cheaper than both the ones you linked too. stick to TM or ACM when it comes to the P90,

As for the G36, the JG is a rock solid AEG. very rarely they go wrong and their pretty well priced too. between the 2 aegs though, your comparing 2 completely different classes so what you go for is completely up to yourself. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

TunnelWeb wrote: »
    <snip> banned retailer listed - please make sure you read the Airsoft charter.

Please read the airsoft charter AGAIN
    as I'm sure you have already.

Linking to a banned retailer is a neddy no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Sorry I dont men to be cheeky or anything but how are people supposed to know what retailers are banned? Every mod goes mad when one is metioned and Im half scard to mention a retailer in case I get a smack with a ban stick........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Mauser

sorry to butt in on this thread, but have just reread the Charter and it says
    * No mention of banned retailers is allowed. It is unfair on retailers who follow the rules to give free advertising to those that couldn't.
    my question is
    as the retailers in question are not named how is a person to know just who they are
    apoligies again for the interuption to this thread

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

The banned retailers were mentioned until I snipped the link to their site.

A fair and reasonable way to list banned retailers without mentioning their names/linking to their sites is on the way.

An easier way to understand this is to look at the retailers who have a thread already and you can then be sure they are authorised by boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I would suggest an ACM P90:
    http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_32&products_id=357
    I've only shot of a couple of rounds but it was pretty sweet. Been thinking of getting one myself.

That's just stupid, of course titanium is tougher...Titanium rocks!
    And don't let me hear you say otherwise again. Or else...
    Or else what?
    Exactly! :p

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    That's just stupid, of course titanium is tougher...Titanium rocks!
    And don't let me hear you say otherwise again. Or else...
    Or else what?
    Exactly! :p

Ok next game day, i'll use a g36, you use a slab of titanium, oh wait that could be painful for me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Airsofty

Love the G36 used the CA version and the JG version and on comparison the JG is a better gun for the money, Had a few differant CA guns, and the gears are muck, not with a Barge pole will I buy one again,

couple of things to look at with this gun is the type of game you expect to be playing, the G36 is a good all rounder with the foldable stock is good for CQB situations and on open ground.Rate of fire is ok too. Pretty easy to stick stuff onto the gun as there are plenty of rail points, and potential for attaching longer barrels and forgrips at a reasonable price.. Some of the P90 seems to be very expensive...

What ever ya do, make sure and save yerself hassle and buy it in Ireland, as ya aint gaurenteed its under the joule,or that ya wont have customs trouble if ya by outside and its such a pain when ya go to site and crono it to find its over and ya cant use it, also warranty is hard to cover from China :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭An Scuad Bás

Hi softy,
    CA are known for their excellent bodies but not so much for thier internal works!! JG have excellent internals but their bodies do the job but don't have any Trandmarks(e.g. Colt, Browning etc.) or tend to be as strong as CA bodies.
    In real steel military a folding-stock is traditionally for Para units or Mechetnised troops for climbing in and out tight areas but always when firing a weapon the stock is locked out in the open position.
    I personally find P90 really uncomfortable to hold and there is more you can with a G36. P90's were really only developed for trunk drivers(non-front line solders) in compatision with H&K MP7.

I wouldnt say there known for excellent bodys, the body's are decent, but theres a lot better out there. Their G36 has a nice finish to it but its a bit brittle, their metal body armalites are just as easy to paint chip as a dboys except they have trades on. My CA XM177 body is very soft and even cracked when i was tapping the body pin into it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Having used both gotta say my next buy aeg wise will be a P90, great for the warehouse where is seem to spend most of my time its perfect, its gotta pretty much the same barrel length as the g36c but in a much smaller package.

RSOV have molle pouches for the mags in black and OD for $6
    http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3399

That being said i love my g36k if i can get her working again (Star One)
    Think somebody here said it before if you don't get a g36 now you will end up with one at some point. i have an M4 Mag adaptor on mine rsov have it as well and it woks great if your team / mates are using m4 based AEGs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

i have a KWA G36C and find it superb...i have used the P90 and didnt feel as much love for it...nice enuf gun but not in the same league...as said beofre there are several rail points on the G36 as well as compared to the P90

if you can get a hold of both of them and fire off a couple of mags, as Daz just said he doesn't like the P90 some people find it really user friendly, some don't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

its all down to personal taste at the end of the day

very true.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_31&products_id=5

you wont be disappointed.....solid build inside and out, good gears, accurate, nice rate of fire (even better with a 9.6v which fits in easily).

with the money you save on this compared to a kwa you could buy extra mags, sling, a sight or better still go on the pi$$ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

As said above get a feel for both (other than the external apperance all aegs are ultimately the same, no matter what anyone else may say).

I've a love-hate relations ship with G36's. I love the look of them in photos then I remember what they look like in real life and hate them! And yes someday I'll end up owning one of them too, but first perhaps a UMP. Hmmmmmm....... UMP........ With a silencer....... And a Tux.........

Now P90's one the other hand am bestest gun! Personally I love the way its neat, compact, has a built in sight (RDS version), its FTW and melts into my shoulder.

Even Hypno toad agrees

All hail Hypno Toad......

As said above get a feel for both (other than the external apperance all aegs are ultimately the same, no matter what anyone else may say).

That may apply, (and loosely at that) if you are looking at 2 different guns from the same manufacturer, but if their not made by the same people then there is obviously going to be differences.
    they can be anything from solid metal bushings/bearing bushings/plastic bushings, metal/plastic piston heads, quality of gears, quality of plastic parts, air nozzle, tappet plate, selector plate, rating on motor, high torque/speed etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

There are ACM molle P90 mag pouches out now, not sure if its rsov, ehobby or some other crowd but search the usual places and you'll find them.

The g36 mags are equally awkward, tightly fitting a double stanag pouch.

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3399 There ye go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Masada wrote: »
    That may apply, (and loosely at that) if you are looking at 2 different guns from the same manufacturer, but if their not made by the same people then there is obviously going to be differences.
    they can be anything from solid metal bushings/bearing bushings/plastic bushings, metal/plastic piston heads, quality of gears, quality of plastic parts, air nozzle, tappet plate, selector plate, rating on motor, high torque/speed etc etc.

Granted the insides may be different BUT to a new player/the vast majority of people there is very little difference and more importantly in use there is very little difference - at 1J a M4, G3 AK47, M249, G36 etc are pretty much the same.

My point being, a new player is going to want something thats trouble free. they dont want it breaking down on them soon after getting it, and from brand to brand, their are quality differences. some being more reliable than others. :)

Hey everyone,Thanks to all that have replied.Very helpful indeed.:D
    G36 seems to be getting better reviews etc.....I love the compact-ness and look of the p90,but would the G36 be a better buy in terms of it not breaking down on me and stuff?... In terms of performance,both the p90 and the g36 probably perform the same do they? Rof,accuracy,battery life etc...
    I've never fired either,Im completely new to aegs really so....

• Advertisement

The Master wrote: »
    Please read the airsoft charter AGAIN
    as I'm sure you have already.

Linking to a banned retailer is a neddy no no.

Sorry about that.Did'nt know.

Advertisement