Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

p90 or g36c??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

TunnelWeb wrote: »
    In terms of performance,both the p90 and the g36 probably perform the same do they? Rof,accuracy,battery life etc...

Between the two G36C and P90 they have about the same barrel length so the accuracy would be about the same.

ROF will come down to the battery you use mainly using a standard 8.4v battery. The JG G36 can take a 9.6v aswell but this may reduce its life before a failure if you were using an 8.4v as the gears are working harder giving a greater rate of fire but you may not notice it with a JG as they are very solid internally and seem to take the extra work well.

The P90 only has room for an 8.4v unless you mod the battery compartment and they will need a custom 9.6v battery to fit in there. Its an easy enough mod to do with the right tools and the custom batteries are not that hard to find online.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Hey everyone,Thanks to all that have replied.Very helpful indeed.:D
    G36 seems to be getting better reviews etc.....I love the compact-ness and look of the p90,but would the G36 be a better buy in terms of it not breaking down on me and stuff?... In terms of performance,both the p90 and the g36 probably perform the same do they? Rof,accuracy,battery life etc...
    I've never fired either,Im completely new to aegs really so....

I've got both the JG G36c and the TM P90 and would choose the P90 over the G36c any day. The P90 is much more maneuverable in the field and has a higher rate of fire. Don't get me wrong, the G36c is a great gun and never let me down, I just find the P90 more practical. Fit the P90 with a 6.03 tightbore barrel and its incredibly accurate!
    As for the battery compartment size issue, you can fit a 7.4v Lipo in there no problem, it will give you equivalent rof to a 9.6v NiMh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Hey everyone,Thanks to all that have replied.Very helpful indeed.:D
    G36 seems to be getting better reviews etc.....I love the compact-ness and look of the p90,but would the G36 be a better buy in terms of it not breaking down on me and stuff?... In terms of performance,both the p90 and the g36 probably perform the same do they? Rof,accuracy,battery life etc...
    I've never fired either,Im completely new to aegs really so....

I have the ACM P90 and the JG G36. both are bullet proof as far as reliability is concerned, The P90 fired about 320out of the box and from what i can remember it did 15rounds per second on an 8.4. the G36 was 300fps i think, and about the same ROF as the P90. both use XYT branded gears and they are rock solid. the P90 is now running about 30rps with a systema motor and new bushings, lipo etc. Its still running standard gears, cylinder, air nozzle, tappet plate, piston etc

Pretty much the same story with the G36, its standard gears with beefed up rof and it still works fine after a year and a half.

The best thing to do it have a feel of both and see what you prefer then. I personally dont like the feel of the P90 and the way it shoulders, yet other people swear by it. personal preference really. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

Thanks for the info guys.Are replacement srings etc hard to find fo them both? I'll go see if I can actually get some shots with them first before i buy one. Any places that would let ya test them out before ya buy them??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Thanks for the info guys.Are replacement srings etc hard to find fo them both? I'll go see if I can actually get some shots with them first before i buy one. Any places that would let ya test them out before ya buy them??

If you go to a scrim, there will be a G36 there, fact.
    Not so sure about the P90 though.

• Advertisement

If you go to a scrim, there will be a G36 there, fact.
    Not so sure about the P90 though.

No mean an airsoft shop.Any that would let ya try them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

where are you based...<snip> mite help you out there

No dont think they will.A friend asked before,they didnt let him try any.
    Any where else? Im in the midlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

If you're ever heading into the warehouse, their rental is a g36c and if you give me a shout and i'm there you can try my p90

Craigsy wrote: »
    If you're ever heading into the warehouse, their rental is a g36c and if you give me a shout and i'm there you can try my p90

Hey Craigsy,Thanks very much for the offer man.
    The warehouse is a skirmish site yeah? Where is that?
    You know of any actual shops that'd let ya try their stuff before buying?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

np, yeah the warehouse is an indoor cqb site in Malahide, check them out in the retailers and sites section. Most shops will let you hold the display models so you can see how the shoulder etc. but i don't know about firing them

Anyone know Any airsoft shops in Dublin that'd let ya fire a few bb's off with the stuff before ya buy? Or around in the midlands.

Anyone know of any airsoft retailer that would let ya fire off a few bb's before ya buy one?

Advertisement