Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chelsea tomorrow

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

ziedth wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe lads that on a weekend we beat Chelsea we find ourselves argusing about the possibility of qualifing for europe.

for what its worth, IMO we have to go for a win in everygame If we qualify for europe and go try win that, they owe it to the supports/past players/ players who would give their right bloody arm for a chance to play in europe.
    Well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

can't see myself why THFC shouldn't compete competitively in any match,league or europe. we won the league cup last season and came close again this time around, and there's talk of us maybe (a big maybe imo) chasing a top 6 spot late on in the season.
    surely the next steps involve pushing on next season both in the league and europe,why hinder progress when we've got the basis of a good squad and a manager who has proven he can do it without the money,so give him some of those profits and let's push on.
    regardless, we need to continue this form if we're to attract any decent players in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

We definitely should aim for the highest possible finish. As regards European football, it would be better for a big squad to have meaningful midweek games. Players not in the first 11 at present must be kicking their heels.
    As it is , our 2nd 11 could be as follows
    Cudicini
    Hutton Dawson Chimbonda Bale
    Bentley Huddlestone Zokora O Hara
    Pavluchenko Defoe
    Not much wrong with that, and we will probably strenghten by 3 or 4 in the summer. There also are the younger players to think of. As soon as Europe was over for this season, Harry let Taarabt, Gio and Cunther out on loan, as he had no games to offer them. If we had loaded the bench against Shakter and brought them on at 1-0, we might have won out and would now be fancying our chances of winning the thing. Finishing 7th would bring a healthy financial bonus and european football brings in gate and TV money. Finishing 7th might well give Harry an extra 10-15m in the summer.
    Finally, there is the fact that for occasional travellers like myself, European games are a chance for plebs to get good seats at the Lane. For the Seville game I sat behind the dugouts 3rd row- unforgettable.
    Finally

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

^^ That's how I feel, our second string should be able to beat most of the teams in the UEFA. God know's they cost more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

keane=cock wrote: »
    what if we do break the big 4 n have to play champions league then? surely its not gonna be a case of better off not playing in it because we are a step closer to winning the league.

I'm not saying we throw any games by any means i think we should try and win everyone of them Redknapp just saw it as a nuisance this year so i rekon hes probably going to see it the same way next year especially if we are challanging for top 4 I'd love to see us win it.
    Next year tho we wont have so many players cup tied tho so if we do qualify it would be easier to rotate the team

• Advertisement
Advertisement