Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maltese & shih tzu cross

Options
  • 20-03-2009 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

hi my sister has two cross breeds 1 year old shih tzu and maltese 1 of the dogs is good the other is mad they are 2 males from the same mother any info on how to train and sort out the problems they are fighting a lot liveing in swords thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Are they neutered, not a miracle cure but it can help.
    You'd also need to post more info as to what sets them off fighting etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 johnaaron

they hve not bean neutered yey because of the price and money is tight at the moment but we wil be doing it, they fight i one goes in the dooor before the other and they can be walking aroung the house and just out of the blue they start fighting itd mad its like one of them is the boss even walking them they can start on one another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

True, neutering can calm down males. Have they lived together for the past year? or is one new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Are you sure it's fighting and not just playing rough...? I find it hard to believe two dogs who've grown up together would be seriously fighting, even if they are both males..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 johnaaron

yes they have been liveing togeather since they have been born
    and for the reply that finds it hard to beleve that they are fighting when i say they are they are fighting all i am looking for is help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 dolly13

hey, do you intervene when they fight? We have two males similar age, circumstances etc.. they used to fight quite a lot they are neutered and it did help but we used to instictively try and stop them fighting - if thats what you do too I would suggest you try leave them at it (altho I know its hard, especially at first) they need to establish a pecking order between themselves good luck :)

Advertisement