Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expression of Interest Accepted for NZ! (Work to Residence Visa)

Options
  • 20-03-2009 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭

Well, turns out my Expression of Interest to apply for a Work to Residence Visa in NZ has been accpeted so they're now proceeding to check all the details I provided and will then contact me and let me know whether or not I can start the application process to get the visa. Cost $400 to register an expression of interest for the visa and is based on a "points" pool system for Work experience, qualifications etc.
    Just wondering does anyone have any experience with this process? Any ideas of what happens next or how long I will have to wait to hear back from them again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Congratulations majiktripp, I have decided to also begin the process and am heading to Dublin tomorrow to the Working Abroad expo in the RDS. New Zealand looks so cool and I have decided to forge a new life there for myself. I am afraid I can't really offer much info only I got this book from Amazon and although it from the UK perspective of moving to NZ it is still a great help.

As I am under 30 I will first fly over for around 3 or 4 weeks return home and go for a year on the WHV and then take it as it goes. I have not much to do in Ireland anymore, I cannot stand the way the country is collapsing and every day I spend here is a day wasted in my life I think. Having work to do there would be a massive bonus, I am good financially here but have nothing to do except make phone calls to Prague since last summer as the company jumped ship like so many more.

Fair play to you for having the courage to make the leap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Congrats - that's great that your expression of interest was accepted. You're one step closer!

I got my residency through partnership so I went down quite a different route (and had an easier time by the sounds of it!). The only advice I can give is that immigration will never give you time scales based on your case. They will always give you the generic 6 - 12 months repsonse.

You could give this forum a try www.emigratenz.org/forum. It's obviously not nearly as awesome as boards ;)! but it's aimed at people making a permanent move to NZ and there is lots of people who have applied for the work to residency visa (it's quite funny - a lot of there sigs have dates to do with their residency application so you can see how long it took between each stage - that alone could be helpful)

Advertisement