Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag rugby

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

skydish79 wrote: »
    Tag rugby subs list has been set up on facebook

If your looking for a game or are short some players post a message

http://www.facebook.com/groups/116777785122820/

great idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

ormond lad wrote: »
    There is a 1 day tag festival on in Nenagh july 21st. dont have any more details at the moment. will post as soon as i hear more

Any updates on this Ormond? Have a good few mates in Nenagh, thinking about putting a team together for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Anyone ever think of getting a boards team together? Maybe a Munster v Leinster of boards posters or something too?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I remember following a thread of a team mostly from boards. I also played against one last year I think. They played in St Mary's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Any updates on this Ormond? Have a good few mates in Nenagh, thinking about putting a team together for it
    €200 to enter a team of 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭fred252

Folks,

We had a practice session in bushy park on Monday evening only to be kicked off the pitch by someone in a luminous jacket. Anyone know what the rules of use are for the park?

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

fred252 wrote: »
    Folks,

We had a practice session in bushy park on Monday evening only to be kicked off the pitch by someone in a luminous jacket. Anyone know what the rules of use are for the park?

Thanks

"Organised" sports events need a permit. The definition of organised is somewhat vague though.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭butters.scotch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Anybody know where to get tags to train with? All I can find online is tag belts.. just want to buy a couple of sets of tags...

www.tagrugby.ie is pretty handy. You have to get them delivered (although you could probably pick them up from Dun Laoghire if you live in the area). They accept laser and ****.

One warning, they have match tags and training tags. Match tags are a better bet IMO. Training tags are the same material and weight, but they have less velcro. You might think this makes little difference, but it's certainly notable. All a defender needs to do is lightly brush the tags and they come off. It's meant to encourage attackers to get through without ever being in reach, but realistically it just trains defenders to "brush" or "claw" rather than grab tags.

• Advertisement

Fishooks12 wrote: »

All info on this is now up on Nenaghs website
    http://www.nenaghormondrfc.com/Tag%20info.htm

Registration opens today and must close july 6th
    Non tag players will pay €10 per ticket to Apres-Tag gig
    €200 per team

Maximum of 12 players per team
    Over 16’s only
    Matches will be 7 a side
    3 ladies on the pitch @ all times
    No more than 3 AIL players per team.

Anyone here ever played in the ITRA "Pig 'n' Porter"

Website says the matches are between 10 and 16 minutes, I presume they mean 10 and 16 minutes per half, because if not that's nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

errlloyd wrote: »
    Anyone here ever played in the ITRA "Pig 'n' Porter"

Website says the matches are between 10 and 16 minutes, I presume they mean 10 and 16 minutes per half, because if not that's nothing!!

Been to it a few times. That is total time of the game. The game is just one "half" of 10 minutes.... no half time

I think this extends to a 16 minute game if you get out of the group etc...

Been to it a few times. That is total time of the game. The game is just one "half" of 10 minutes.... no half time

Is it worth it?

Like 400 euro for 40 minutes of rugby. Considering 7 players, that works out as almost €1:25 per minute, what else do you get for your reg fee?

I'm usually an ITRA player, but I am going to the IRFU tag event in Carlow next weekend, seems way better value!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Is it worth it?

Like 400 euro for 40 minutes of rugby. Considering 7 players, that works out as almost €1:25 per minute, what else do you get for your reg fee?

I'm usually an ITRA player, but I am going to the IRFU tag event in Carlow next weekend, seems way better value!

Is it IRFU? First I've heard of it being IRFU affiliated . . .

Morf wrote: »
    Is it worth it?

Actually to be honest i just assumed because it was in a rugby club it was IRFU its defo not ITRA, does anyone know what ruleset theyre gonna use?

Actually to be honest i just assumed because it was in a rugby club it was IRFU its defo not ITRA, does anyone know what ruleset theyre gonna use?
    Pig n Porter is ITRA affiliated
    http://www.pignporter.com/index.php/about-pig-n-porter/

Ones devised by the tag committee of Co. Carlow Rugby Club I believe.

You just have to play the refs as you get them. My experience of Carlow Tag is that it can be quite mixed in quality and interpretation of referees. Spinning to avoid the tag is legal anyway, which isn't under IRFU tag I believe.

ormond lad wrote: »
    Pig n Porter is ITRA affiliated
    http://www.pignporter.com/index.php/about-pig-n-porter/

Ah yeah i knew Pig N Porter was ITRA its carlow I didnt know too much about.

Morf apart from spinning being allowed dya know the rest of the ruleset? Who takes kick offs, is there an accelerateher rule. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,866 ✭✭✭deisedude

Looking for ladies in Galway for our tag rugby team. PM if interested

• Advertisement

Ah yeah i knew Pig N Porter was ITRA its carlow I didnt know too much about.

Morf apart from spinning being allowed dya know the rest of the ruleset? Who takes kick offs, is there an accelerateher rule. Looking forward to it.

Girls take kick offs. I've seen them taken from the ground and drop-kicked both at the tag in Carlow. I'm not sure which one they've settled on for Play Tag. Usually the former though. I'm not sure what exactly you mean by the accelerator rule. If you have 4 girls on the field you get 4 points for a girl try though.

Rules are here

• Registered Users Posts: 30 LeViat

Is it worth it?

EUR1,000 + a keg for winning team in Grade A and 15 player passes @Eur15 each for evening entry is included See on their facebook page they have teams entering from Australia. + a chance to win a 5star weekend!

Sounds good to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Morf wrote: »
    IRFU have been helping with the promotion of it. It is also raising money for the IRFU Charitable Trust.

JustinDee wrote: »
    IRFU have been helping with the promotion of it. It is also raising money for the IRFU Charitable Trust.

Justin and Morf you seem more connected with this than most people. I was just wondering do you have any info as to how sign ups are going. The tone of most of their tweets and fb statuses would indicate they are a little bit short of 256 teams, is the event gonna go ahead as planned or will they have to scale it down?

Justin and Morf you seem more connected with this than most people. I was just wondering do you have any info as to how sign ups are going. The tone of most of their tweets and fb statuses would indicate they are a little bit short of 256 teams, is the event gonna go ahead as planned or will they have to scale it down?

From what I've heard it is short of the target but a reasonable number of teams. It's looking like being scaled-down somewhat.

I really hope we don't lose pump up the jam, 90s covers were the motivation for half of my team...

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

I'd love to get involved in tag rugby but everywhere I look seems to have leagues already started so its not possible to join. Any suggestions for a newbie to get involved?

In about 2 weeks the ITRA leagues will start a new Season, there will be a whole bunch of individuals teams to sign up for at that stage.

In the meantime you can go onto the subs fb page and offer yourself as a sub.

Where abouts are you based? Dublin area you should have no problem getting a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

I'm based in Wicklow. Closest to Carlow, naas or at a push south Dublin

• Advertisement
Advertisement