Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag rugby

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Alive Outside

you can up onto tag teams in the spring and summer leauges on www.tagrugby.ie - go into "Register Now" and then "find a team to play on. You can sign up onto teams in Wesley College, ballinteer and UCD there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Alive Outside

Anybody know if there's an ITRA league in st annes this spring?
    yep - there is spring league in st annes this year. enter a team or sign up on www.tagrugby.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Hi all,

We have 3 out of 4 teams organised for a mini blitz end of March (dates proposed 26th March OR 27th March)

The matches will take place in Drumcondra and anyone interested in entering their team could you please contact me - materdeisaints@gmail.com

Its purely a warm up / pre-season, no entry fee, just show up if you say you will! , thanks for your interest

Mater Dei Saints RFC

• Registered Users Posts: 19 niallers

Hi all I am looking for men and women to play in my tag rubgy team. the team will be playing out in Corithinians in Galway this summer 2011.Registration per player is €50.00 . If you interested in playing tag rubgy then you can email me nialldempsey03@yahoo.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DarScull

Looking to register for tag rugby this year but don't know which social group to register for? We'd mostly be beginners to tag rugby but one or two have a small bit of experience. Could you advise us which group to register for and maybe explain the differences between the groups....i remember reading once that B grades are only allowed one registered rugby player or something like that? Is that still the case and could you explain if there are rules like this for other grades?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

DarScull wrote: »
    Looking to register for tag rugby this year but don't know which social group to register for? We'd mostly be beginners to tag rugby but one or two have a small bit of experience. Could you advise us which group to register for and maybe explain the differences between the groups....i remember reading once that B grades are only allowed one registered rugby player or something like that? Is that still the case and could you explain if there are rules like this for other grades?
    There are more than one organisation running tag rugby in Ireland.
    As far as the IRFU's leagues are concerned, it sounds like you could be a C grade team, depending on what you mean by a "small bit of experience".

The differences between the groups are simply based level of ability of the players taking part.
    If a team registers in a level below its ability, they'll be spotted after the first week, if not the second and re-allocated by the venue manager to a more apt grade, losing points from the first week.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 sarciegit

DarScull wrote: »

www.tagrugby.ie have changed their grading system, you play 3 games first in a random group of four and then they determine what league to put you in based on your team's performance in those 3 games, its an excellent system

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

Im looking for one guy and one girl for our mixed social team, we are down to play in pembroke cc on thurs nights starting may 12th. Anyone interested PM me.
    Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

We (Tallaght) are having tag in our new grounds this year starting Thursday 26th May.

http://www.tallaghtrugby.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭cython

Tag Rugby Blitz in aid of Pieta House, The Centre for the Prevention of Self-Harm or Suicide, Thursday March 17th (yeah, I'm aware that's St. Patrick's Day), NUI Maynooth South Campus. Details are as per the first link.

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    I am looking for women to join my tag rubgy team in Corithians in Galway this summer 2011 asap.thanks.bye

Hi all,
    I am looking for women to join my tag rubgy team in Corithians in Galway this summer 2011 asap.My email address is nialldempsey03@yahoo.com thanks.bye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭Nermal

Any teams in Dublin want to play some friendlies over the next few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

Nermal wrote: »

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

looking to join team if anyone needs an extra guy. Based in D8 (hsq) if thats of any relevence here.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

What sort of standard are ye and where abouts?

What sort of standard are ye and where abouts?

Sorry, should have said that shouldn't I? We'd be C standard, third year playing for some of the team but some new also. We train in Tallaght or Walkinstown Tuesday & Thursday evenings, but can move about for a friendly. Bushy Park seemed a popular spot last year. Will bring tags & cones, ref ourselves and generally keep things friendly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Sorry, should have said that shouldn't I? We'd be C standard, third year playing for some of the team but some new also. We train in Tallaght or Walkinstown Tuesday & Thursday evenings, but can move about for a friendly. Bushy Park seemed a popular spot last year. Will bring tags & cones, ref ourselves and generally keep things friendly!

We'd be similar standard and Bushy Park would suit us I'd say. I'll mention it to the captain when I see him tomorrow and let you know if we're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

I looked at setting up a team, online it said €830. Am I just being tight, or is that daylight robbery? Works out €7.50 per game per head if 12 are on your team for a 10 week season!!! You'd pay less for a year of Super League soccer!!!

I looked at setting up a team, online it said 830. Am I just being tight, or is that daylight robbery? Works out 7.50 per game per head if 12 are on your team for a 10 week season!!! You'd pay less for a year of Super League soccer!!!
    That's not an IRFU venue then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

JustinDee wrote: »
    That's not an IRFU venue then.

Yeah, it's Volvic tag actually, IRFU seems cheaper, just under €500 per team, that about right? Don't like the way you can't spin out of tackles under their rules though...

Yeah, it's Volvic tag actually, IRFU seems cheaper, just under €500 per team, that about right? Don't like the way you can't spin out of tackles under their rules though...
    Its a safety law and will be part of IRB's law set on Tag Rugby. Was brought in following some nasty facial injuries to players in the spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Molinho

Anyone know of any sports shops in Dublin that sell tags? Want to pick up a few for training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Harry Bo

I've decided to put in a team last minute with a few friends but we need a few more heads. Playing in Terenure on Thursday nights from 5th May. It will be a bit of fun and a run around so if anybody is interested post here or pm me and I'll get back to you. Doesn't matter if you've played before or not, it's all good.

Trying to revive the Galway team for this year

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056239584

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭tyres

Looking to try and join up with a tag team if possible for any upcoming leagues, based in Dundrum and have played some tag in Galway for a while, nothing tag related in work and keen to play this year if I can..PM me if you have any slots...Thanks Kevin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ireland1000

looking to join a tag team in the cork city area if anyone is looking for another guy??

thanks!!

Still looking out for a friendly in Dublin if anyone's interested...

Hi all,
    I am looking for one experienced guy player to join my tag rubgy team in Corithians in Galway this summer 2011 asap.thanks. My email address is nialldempsey03@yahoo.com .bye

• Advertisement

I am looking for a tag rubgy team team to play against us in Galway this summer 2011 We playing out in renmore next thursday may 5th at 7.30. we are in the c league.if you are interested in playing against my team you can email me nialldempsey03@yahoo.com .bye.

Advertisement