Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Anybody know where I can pick up a set of jerseys fir tag, I would want the rugby material jerseys for less than €30 if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jamesdeanjames

Hi, Whats the difference between the budwesier tag and itra? Apart from the itra being almost double the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Budweiser is the IRFU Tag. It's pretty much the same thing except for a few small differences in rules. The IRFU also have most of the clubs as venues while the ITRA are now very restricted and are mostly in schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 niallers

2 guys urgently needed to play tag rubgy in Corithinians (thursdays) for my squad this summer 2011. We are in the c league. we are playing out in renmore next monday at 7.30 my email address is nialldempsey03@yahoo.com. thanks.bye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Choc Affair

barnhall...... need a few extra girls for tag!!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Our season starts tonight.

We are playing in the ITRA league in UCD GAA pitches on Wednesday evenings.

Strangely nervous about it, especially since its supposed to be a social league.

Our team is a bit of a mix and mash but together my friends. I see some teams in here practice over the off season!

Anyway Ill let you know how we get on against "Business as Usual".

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Good luck to you in your opening game!

We played our first game of the season on Monday night in Marys. It was our first ever non-friendly game. We got absolutely slaughtered. It was so embarassing that we were allowed use a couple of extra players.

There were at least 3 lads who had played Magners League on their team while one of our lads was playing his first ever match!!

It was fun but hope its not going to be like this every week, dont mind getting a beating if its relatively competitive!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

We played our first game of the season on Monday night in Marys. It was our first ever non-friendly game. We got absolutely slaughtered. It was so embarassing that we were allowed use a couple of extra players.

There were at least 3 lads who had played Magners League on their team while one of our lads was playing his first ever match!!

It was fun but hope its not going to be like this every week, dont mind getting a beating if its relatively competitive!!:cool:
    That league will be further graded into Higher and Lower in time for next week so the slaughter will end!

Thanks George. Ended up being a Deloitte team we played. We won 20-5 so a good performance.

The new ranking system is good so hopefully by week 4 you'll be playing teams of a similar standard.

Our ref however was of an extremely poor standard. Giving penalties for players coming back onside from an offside position etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Had our first game tonight against a better side who all seemed to have a good bit of rugby experience. In fairness to them they played a good, clean and fair game, the kind of guys and girls I enjoy playing against, even the ref said it was a nice game o have reffed. A good second half from ourselves made the scoreline fairly respectable and we played better than we have in a very long time. I'm looking forward to the rest of the league now, if we get seeded right we should do well enough.*

*ie win a fuping game for a change:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

UL Bohs rfc are hosting a tag festival on Saturday 11th June in aid of the Niall Mellow Township Trust charity.

Entry fee is €200 per team of up to 15 persons (minimum 7) for all age groups with prizes to be won within each category.

All proceeds will go to the Niall Mellow Township Trust Charity
    If you are interested in taking park please register online at www.limericktagrugby.com before Friday, 3rd June 2011.

I am looking for 2 women to play tag rubgy for my team in Corithinians this summer 2011 asap. My team is in the C league.My email address is nialldempsey03@yahoo.com

Another good win last night.

Def getting much better at the tagging element of the game.

Much more of a competitive match last night.

Fair play to our 3 girls who had to play the whole game.

I am looking for 3 guys to play tag rubgy for my team in Corithinians this summer 2011 asap. My team is in the C league.My email address is nialldempsey03@yahoo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

JustinDee wrote: »
    That league will be further graded into Higher and Lower in time for next week so the slaughter will end!

Yeah thanks its much better now..really enjoying it so far. The referees are very nice, very helpful and the way the teams are organised seems a lot fairer. Well done for making the quick changes. Top class.

We havent won a game yet, if only we could defend..however its great to throw a ball around again after all these years!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone within travel distance of Tallaght on a Thursday evening , theres spots for full teams left aswell as a few teams here and there that could do with an extra player of 2 of either sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Anyone within travel distance of Nenagh on a friday evening, there is plenty of spots available in teams in all 3 divisions as well as spots for entire teams especially in the lower divisions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Carlingford Knights

Nice to get a win last Thursday in the Bud Light league. Tough match, try in the dying seconds to make it 10-9 final score. Our record is 1 win, 1 loss, 1 draw so far. Hoping we can build on this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 nayroul

Hi there,

I am girl looking to join a tag rugby team in Kilkenny city or there abouts but it looks like entry is closed!!!! Any more info would be appreicated!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

nayroul wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am girl looking to join a tag rugby team in Kilkenny city or there abouts but it looks like entry is closed!!!! Any more info would be appreicated!
    try goin on the tag website and registering as a free agent ! or else just email them and ask them to let u know of any vacancies...

best of luck!

• Advertisement

Kilkenny RFC actually run their own tag.

Your best bet is to contact the club directly. Try emailing info@kilkennyrugby.com and/or call down on Thursday evenings and ask whoever is running it to find you a team. Shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭starringme

Looking for a girl to play on Thursdays in Coolmine RFC. We have 5 at the moment but will be losing one in a month so are very keen to get a replacement and a 6th girl in the meantime. We're a decent team. Let me know at lornab2@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Got the league off to a winning start last night, forst win for our team in literally years so we were delighted. opposition were a nice bunch even if they did keep running directly into us and the ref was quite ironically, consistent in her inconsistencies so each team got the benefit at some point, if that makes any sense.

really great to get a win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Any teams in the Dublin area looking for a player for Wednesday nights? Wanted to join a few weeks ago but was injured, living in D6 area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 nayroul

thanks for all of the links and info, i'll give them a call and see what the story is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SamDublin

id like to play tag rugby in the dublin area (sandymount / herbert park / ringsend) but am not sure how i go about finding a team...getting a bit confused between the different leagues and where i should register...if anyone has any tips / suggestions that would be great
    Hi, did you have any luck last year? I'm looking to get fit and would love a cheap outdoor team sport. I'd love to hear of a team.

Ta, Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭starringme

SamDublin wrote: »
    Hi, did you have any luck last year? I'm looking to get fit and would love a cheap outdoor team sport. I'd love to hear of a team.

Ta, Sam

Did you find a team? We've one playing in Coolmine (off the Navan Rd) on Thursdays. Not sure if you're a guy or girl but regardless, we'll need a fifth girl shortly as we'll be losing one and due to injuries are particularly desperate for bodies, ideally a guy, tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Selinab85

Hiya - I'm just wondering if there's any Tag Rugby even normal rugby in North Dublin pref Dublin 11,9 etc - I live in Dublin 11 atm. Am havin trouble finding teams in this side - A friend plays in Tallaght but the commute is too far.

I've never played before so would only have literally a basic idea of rules etc
    & like also wondering how much it is normally to join a team etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 susieos

Hey all,
    Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a challenge Tag match this tuesday(14th June)? We usually train but we you cant beat practice matches! We're in Dublin and usually train in UCD or Herbert park! We're an intermediate beginners team, winning about 50% of our matches in ITRA tag.

Would be great to hear back from anyone!
    Ta,
    S

Advertisement