Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Elections Poll (Borough Council Candidates)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Clearly, I must be gay because I am not attracted to:

lg_kathleen_funchion_72dpi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Clearly, I must be gay because I am not attracted to:

Come on Fabby, have a bit of dignity.........

What the...?

Ohhhhh I get it. Hardy har har! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Dub. wrote: »
    Are you gay? Kathleen is a lovely looking young woman.
    she's ginge......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

What has the way she looks got to do with anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dub.

fabbydabby wrote: »
    What the...?

Ohhhhh I get it. Hardy har har! :pac:

Not a big fan of the ladies eh?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Completely off topic.

Your all banned.

Signed,
    Kathleen x

Nah, seriously lads, keep on topic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Elected to Kilkenny Borough Council 2009 (in order of when they got elected)

Andrew McGuinness FF

Martin Brett FG

Joe Malone FF

John Coonan FF

Malcolm Noonan Green

Marie Fitzpatrick Lab

Betty Manning FG

Kathleen Funchion SF

Joe Reidy FF

Paul Cuddihy FG

David Fitzgerald FG

Sean O hArgain Lab

4 FF, 4 FG, 1 SF, 1 Grn and 2 Lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Good to see David Fitzgerald get in there. Pro business and pro jobs, I liked the message in his literature. 4 seats for FF? Would seem poor to me considering all the free publicity and sympathy they garnered locally, playing the opposition card whilst supporting FF.

Joe Reidy FF
    Paul Cuddihy FG
    David Fitzgerald FG
    Sean O hArgain Lab

Were elected without reaching the quota.

• Advertisement

O'Hargain barely scrapping in. Fitzgerald was new so I can understand that.
    Cuddihy vote was poor, needs to do more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

O hArgain was lucky to scrape in. Maybe he wont be so sure of his own self importance. I have found him to be very difficult to deal with in the past. Cuddihy seems like a nice enough guy. I spoke to him during the general election campaign, but, like most politicians, didnt really follow up on any issues I raised with him, as he had promised.

Heard the same re O'Hargain alright Nightwish. An annoying little man I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

dumb question from me here but what have these people been elected to do? ie whats their actual role on the council?

Also why are so many elected do we really need that many?

(I genuinely don't know as I don't understand exactly where the job role is)

Whatever you do, just don't point out the fact that the faces on their election posters often differ massively from their actual appearance, lest you be associated with the golden age of steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

dumb question from me here but what have these people been elected to do? ie whats their actual role on the council?

Also why are so many elected do we really need that many?

(I genuinely don't know as I don't understand exactly where the job role is)

They dont do a huge ammount as most of their powers have been curbed. Local jobs is Enterprise Ireland not the council. Planning and roads are an bord pleanala and the NRDO. The only thing councillors can do is re zone land from Residential to Industrial or commercial etc. and i reckon that might get taken away from them soon after yer man got jailed last week.

Nightwish wrote: »
    O hArgain was lucky to scrape in. Maybe he wont be so sure of his own self importance. I have found him to be very difficult to deal with in the past. Cuddihy seems like a nice enough guy. I spoke to him during the general election campaign, but, like most politicians, didnt really follow up on any issues I raised with him, as he had promised.

He only got in by 24 votes. Independent Mick Greene could have caused an upset there!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sliderman

Nightwish wrote: »

I found O'hArgain to be excellent and as a politican, brings education and innovation to the Borough table as for A McGuinness OMG are you having a laugh (more burgers and chips please):eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

There's a good joke I heard during the run up to elections about O'hArgain. In which he was found desperately sobbing and crying one evening on High Street in his best suit and red tie because an envelope was after opening and he had missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I see that FF's dolly bird failed to make an impact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rosel

Well done to andrew for topping both poll's

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I see that FF's dolly bird failed to make an impact.

But Labour's did alright for them. Fair play to Marie Fitzpatrick.

And also, fair play for a quick turnaround on getting those 'Thank You' stickers up on his vans.

Do you reckon he had them printed up already just in case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ber12009

well done and best of luck to him he desevered it

Threadhead wrote: »
    But Labour's did alright for them. Fair play to Marie Fitzpatrick.

Did anyone see the graffiti on her election poster at roundabout on the Comer Road, near the Barracks?

Someone drew a speech bubble with "Who's your granny?" on it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sooshie

yeah fair play to him, he ran away with it..... he completly deserved it, worked very hard for that seat.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

One thread will do on the elections, thanks.

(Plus, he is no longer a member of Boards)

Topic Cl...o...s....e....d

(Merged instead :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ChristIsMurph

The woman who made the biggest impact on the election had to be Kathleen Funchion. I disagree with almost all of SF's policies but to pull out that result in Kilkenny City deserves some credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sliderman

I saw AMg crying one night after his burger and chips...........THANK YOU

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sooshie

Sliderman wrote: »
    I saw AMg crying one night after his burger and chips...........THANK YOU

?

Advertisement