Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Elections Poll (Borough Council Candidates)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

sooshie wrote: »
    ?

Your guess is as good as mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ber12009

there just full of it

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ChristIsMurph

what on earth is this burger and chips thing about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

The woman who made the biggest impact on the election had to be Kathleen Funchion. I disagree with almost all of SF's policies but to pull out that result in Kilkenny City deserves some credit.

Kilkenny really seemed to buck the national trend. High FF vote. Returned a Green and an SF'er.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

what on earth is this burger and chips thing about?

the unhealthy approach? thats only a guess I've no idea either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Returned a Green
    Borough council so no one nationally will even care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Borough council so no one nationally will even care.

*cough*

http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/politics/KILKENNY-ELECTORAL-AREA-OF-KILKENNY.5339949.jp
    KILKENNY ELECTORAL AREA OF KILKENNY COUNTY COUNCIL

Published Date: 05 June 2009
    The seven elected members are: Andrew McGuinness (FF), Malcolm Noonan (Green), Martin Brett (FG), Marie Fitzpatrick (Lab), John Coonan (FF), Betty Manning (FG), Paul Cuddihy (FG)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

oops, my mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

mick_irl wrote: »
    Kilkenny really seemed to buck the national trend. High FF vote. Returned a Green and an SF'er.

Apart from the McGuiness vote the FF vote in the county was nothing great. They were scraping in for the final seat in several instances and lost a few as well. And McGuinnesses right hand man lost his seat even.
    And this is an already very poor 2004 vote. They have one seat in Ballyragget area. I think they had 3 there at one stage. So they just about held their own.

Looking to the next election, I can safely say Mary White will be gone, not that anybody bar Sue Nunn will notice. And that joke of a TD that is MJNolan will I hope be gone. Bobby Alyward should loose and certainly deserves given his level of competence and ability.
    Hogan and McGuinness will hold on.
    Caroline Townsend or Ann Phelan are likely to run for Labour and would be good candidates indeed. And of course JP Phelan will be running for FG and will be in the shake up.
    Likely to see a return to 2FF, 2FG and 1 LAB here next election.

Advertisement