Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reptile handling q

Options
  • 20-03-2009 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

So our little beardie is very fond of being taken out

but.. his little claws are very sharp so my hands are perma shredded. Now, I give them a good scrub afterwards and then treat any cuts with savlon, but I dunno, I'd rather not have the cuts to begin with.

Does anyone know any ways of avoiding cuts (obviously I try to take care holding him but sometimes he digs his little claws in anyway). I would try leather gloves but I'd be afraid I'd reduce how sensitive I am to the pressure I'd put on him when lifting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

a couple of pics of the little fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

generally it should be good but try to get some stones in the tank . i use 2 big granite stones for there basking spots so mine have to climb on them and there nails get taken care of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

So our little beardie is very fond of being taken out

but.. his little claws are very sharp so my hands are perma shredded. Now, I give them a good scrub afterwards and then treat any cuts with savlon, but I dunno, I'd rather not have the cuts to begin with.

Does anyone know any ways of avoiding cuts (obviously I try to take care holding him but sometimes he digs his little claws in anyway). I would try leather gloves but I'd be afraid I'd reduce how sensitive I am to the pressure I'd put on him when lifting.
    you could clip his nails, but you need to be very careful not to clip them to short or you could make them bleed and they could get infected. maybe an experianced dragon keeper could do it for you??? or maybe a GOOD pet shop worker would do it for you??

after clipping them make sure you have rough logs and rocks in his viv so he wears them down and they dont grow to long again

Advertisement