Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snacks

• 20-03-2009 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi all,

Almost two months into weight loss effort.

Not going so great I have to admit. Working away in the gym, but the gut I have been nurturing for some years now is a stubborn beast!

My main meals are going well (breakfast, lunch, dinner), but I reckon part of my problem is that I'm not eating regularly enough.

So my question here is about snacks. I get very busy in work, so planning is essential.

Bananas and apples I like, and yogurts. What else do people recommend between the main meals?

Looking for easy ideas, i.e. minimum preparation and maximum taste!

And what times? Should I aim to eat something every three hours maybe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Looking for easy ideas, i.e. minimum preparation and maximum taste!

nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Serafijn

Try some different types of fruit: grapes and clementines are a favourite of mine for taking into work, but also try plums, kiwis, pears, mango etc etc. Try chopping up some fruit in a tupperware and pouring over a yoghurt for a more substantial snack. Cherry tomatoes are a good snack food you can pick at as you work.

Other than that, ryvitas or crispbread with low fat philly or cottage cheese (get some of those really small tupperware and take a couple of tablespoons to spread later). Throw in some fresh chives to liven it up a little! Carrot/celery-sticks are a good option, as are those little boxes of raisins.

Nuts are great, just be careful of how many you eat. Avoid eating straight from the packet else the whole thing will be gone! Divide out about 10-15 into a small container or food bag, and only have one portion in a day.

Remember you can have a more 'normal' snack like a bag of crisps every now and again, just try to make better choices. Check the calorie and fat content on a few different types and take the lower one. And make sure that it's occaisional - no more than once a week!

Hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

special k bars are quite nice for a change. rice cakes wth weight watchers jam are gud too. drin lots of water too- up to two litres a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Thanks everyone.

Got grapes and almonds today so that will get me started. Have yogurts too.

Want smaller stuff more often and hopefully this will help me.

Advertisement