Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meaning of dreams

• 20-03-2009 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

i know they say dreams have meanings
    a friend of mine had a book on dreams and i told her about certain dreams i have around christmas and its always the same dream every year,and the book siad that repetive dreams are caused by routine in life(like christmas)
    so i started thinking is there meanings to other types of dreams and also a meaning to the dreams u have and then when u wake up u can't remember the dream at all

anyway if anyone know much about dreams please share

thanks in advance:pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Attributing meanings to dreams has been done throughout history, but there's no scientific evidence to support it. Dreams are influenced by your daily activities, which is why you might have the same dream every year around Christmas, where you do activities you do every year at that time.

Dreams you can't remember have no significance. At best we remember just a few percent of our dreams. It has to do with sleep cycles, and also the memory of dreams just fades exceedingly quickly unless we take specific measures to remember them.

Advertisement