Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First build.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

i only use gigabyte boards always found them very stable and great for overclocking

corsair psu's have from two to six 6 pin connectors with a optional 2 pin adapter (on the same wire) to turn a 6 into an 8 pin connector

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

i thought that from the photo's but wasn't sure

cheers

was just on guru3d.com and looking at reviews of 516mb model and 1 gig model of the ati 4870 and i figure i'll go for the 1 gig model, they seem to think that although right now the difference in fps is very little as games evolve the extra 516mb will go a long way so i've changed the card.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-ati-radeon-hd-4870-1024mb-review/13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

hey i'm ordering today so it would be of great benefit if i could get some feedback. Like i'm really not 100% that these are all compatible...

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Effluo wrote: »
    hey i'm ordering today so it would be of great benefit if i could get some feedback. Like i'm really not 100% that these are all compatible...

Cheers.

you have picked a socket 775 CPU + socket 775 motherboard that uses DDR2 + DDR2 Ram.
    (in theory all should be well)

Your PSU is a 650W which is total overkill and will last you for your next build prob, so power won't be an issue.

GFX card: 4870 more than enough poke to drive a 22" monitor.

Hard drive: 320gig for £40, if you spend £83 you can get a 1 tereabyte fast samsung spinpoint.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-053-SA&groupid=701&catid=14&subcat=1279

Partition it out into several partitions: x1 for windows, x1 for games x1 for media.

Advertisement