Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sh1te at talking to women...need help!

• 20-03-2009 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

Hi, i always seem to go red when talking to women i like, and then when i realise im getting red i get even more red and get awkward! I almost considered sparking up a J when i want to chat up women to be more laid back. Also, I never have anything to talk about, even if they're was a topic i'd probably blank it anyways and not know what to say. Any tips ideas on what i can say to them and how i can say it confidently?thanks:cool: see i have no problem talking online:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

Was always sh*te myself at chatting up women... But a mate of mine gave a few of us advice on a stag last year, that if you want to chat up a girl, try not to imagine her being on a 'pedestal' as he put it but as an equal to yourself, like u were talking to a friend. One of the lads tried it out for the crack that nite by walking up to a bar and asking a young one what she thought of the race to win the english premier league and what she thought of Man United's chances of winning the double or somethin along those lines, and you know what she actually responded as if she was interested...
    Maybe u should try that....
    I'm actually getting married this year so I don't have to worry any more about that :D:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭trevo

theirs a book called ''the game'' true story and i think its wat ur looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yea, always **** myself and it was because I put women on a pedastel. I realised that my friends who didnt really give a f*ck about the girls were never going home alone so I just learnt to stop thinking of every conversation with woman having to lead somewhere or trying not to say something to turn her off me and just start talking to them like I would anyone, I just talked for talkings sake and if it led to anything it was a bonus. My sucess wih women has improved dramatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yerra sure if you're stuck for things to say, ask them about them about themselves. Be interested. Conversation always snowballs from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MeowXyz

Pretend you thought she was someone you knew, laugh at your mistake, and you're already talking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

stainluss wrote: »
    i can say it confidently?thanks:cool: see i have no problem talking online:P

Ha that's because we can't see you face going red, although I would hope that you wouldn't blush unfront of me seeing as I'm a bloke.

Treat them mean keep them keen. Treat them like you would treat a lad without the cursing and hitting :P
    If you find you have nothing to talk about than take up a hobby.
    One my hobbies is cooking, love to cook and the kitchen is more important to me than my xbox. Weird? ya it is but everyone loves food so it's really a no wonder :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭stainluss

cheers for the help so far, getting some good tips:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

well... just go out there and talk to as many people as you can.
    Practice makes you perfect... Don't worry about screwing it up and all. Just consider it as an experiment. Speak to different speak and see how conversations flow and stuff like that. Should help you...

Advertisement