Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore BroadBand Speeds

Options
  • 20-03-2009 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hey guys,

Anyone know what kinda speed bundles are available for us in Tramore?
    I'm with UTV Internet and on there 3MB package and get about 2.2MB/s download on speedtest.net. But before Christmas I thought work was being done to upgrade the exchange in Tramore?

I thought this as for a while we were getting crappy speeds of about 400Kb/s for a long time and then over Christmas it shot up to between 4.5MB/s to 5MB/s so i thought great the work was done on the exchange.

But now its back down to around 2.2MB/s depending on the time of day, so is there anyone out there on the 7MB package and getting good speeds?

Do I maybe have to contact UTV Internet to change my package to the 7MB? Just haven't done this as I thought this was going to be done automatically?

Any Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

Hey Tom,

I'm in tramore and I'm with Eircom and have the 3mb package. I normally only get 2.3mb on this connection.. I don't think the exchange was upgraded before christmas cause I looked into getting the eircom 7mb and was told it wasn't available. And to be honest the speed seems getting worse and worse so don't really see the point in getting the 7mb.. I'll find out of one of the eircom lads to see if the exchange was done on monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 TramoreTom

Cheers Rory,

Could be why we are getting slowish speeds now as its going between 1.4 to 1.8 more me at the moment the last few days. Although I thought when it was crawling during the summer and it then shot up to almost 5MB i thought that work on the exchange was done might have been just testing it.

If you here any news let us know and vice versa.

Tom

Advertisement