Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting?

Options
  • 20-03-2009 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭

I'm in 5th year and accounting is probably my best subject this year, but I've been doing Trading, Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheets for the last couple of weeks and I can just never get them to balance! I was just wondering if there is much choice of what you can pick besides these in the Leaving Cert..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

dont worry about balancing the profit and loss accounts i'm in college doing a degree in accounting and my sister is qualified in Aca and neither of us have ever balanced one in oue life come the day there is much to offer but if you get most of the marks if you can get that far and make a mistake on the totally you will only lose a mark r two out of the 400 on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 21 byrne-himself

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I'm in 5th year and accounting is probably my best subject this year, but I've been doing Trading, Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheets for the last couple of weeks and I can just never get them to balance! I was just wondering if there is much choice of what you can pick besides these in the Leaving Cert..?
    heya, i'm in 6th year doing accounting, it is difficult to get them to balance so don't worry if you don't, it takes alot of practice.

You have to do question 1 trading profit and loss and balance sheet question. or 2 60 mark questions,

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

There is very little points actually given to the balancing! There is more points given for everything else.

heya, i'm in 6th year doing accounting, it is difficult to get them to balance so don't worry if you don't, it takes alot of practice.

You have to do question 1, this is the trading profit and loss and balance sheet question.

NO YOU DON'T

you have the choice of the 120 or the two 60's

• Registered Users Posts: 21 byrne-himself

woops, sorry your right, just back in from watching grandslam victory, so my brain my not be functioning properly, :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Remember, you don't get any marks for balancing the balance sheet because all of the marks are allocated towards the notes and Tr, P+L accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

You don't have to do question 1, but in my opinion it's a good one to do, because it's almost certain that it's going to be a manufacturing account question this year, so if you get that learned extremly well, you'll have almost 120 marks in the bag automatically. Of course there is the chance that it won't be a manufaturing account (like last year, everyone was expecting one), in which case if you have it learned well, you'll still be grand in a sole trader one, or whatever it happens to be. Where as if you plan on attempting 2 of the 60 mark questions, it's a bit of a toss up as to which will come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Okay, thanks a lot! That had been really bothering me.

Advertisement