Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation-average price

Options
  • 21-03-2009 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

hey just wondering about next year where to live etc.
    How much does everyone pay on average?
    where is the best place to live?
    When does everyone generally start looking for houses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I'd imagine the average is around €375-400 a month, but I couldn't be certain. I'm paying almost €500 for my current place but it's worth it!

You're in a lucky situation that prices are dropping and there is an abundance of places available to rent, much different to that of two years ago! Ranelagh is a really nice place to live, not too far from UCD and walking distance from town. Otherwise, Clonskeagh or Donnybrook are also good. I'd start looking for accommodation around a month or two before you need it, before the results if you know you're defo going to UCD so you can beat the rush

Check out www.daft.ie under sharing or letting, depending on what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 34 garethj

youll find very few places where you dont have to share a room or that isnt somewhat similar to a slum for less than 420 to be honest....campus is definitely the best option if youre coming to UCD without friends from home etc but is certainly more expensive (worth it however in my opinion).

The college itself has an accomodation office in the Students Union....call them mid-summer and theyll give you a list of places/prices/distances etc

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

Start looking over summer. I'd suggest living on the city side of UCD- Ranelagh, Rathmines, Sandymount etc.

I live in Rathmines which is 20min cycle but there's no bus. If you like cycling you can live anywhere within 5km very comfortably because the southside of dublin as the best cycle tracks in the whole country a lot of cyclists, so it's relatively safe. I love Rathmines- it's very pretty, has Aldi, Asian food shops, 25min walk to Grafton St, a canal to walk along, lots of parks. It's cheaper than most places about, but again, no bus to UCD is a problem.

If you have friends coming to Dublin too, try to get a house or apartment together because it can work out as better value.

The suburbs around UCD like Dundrum and Stillorgan are absolutely soul destroying. Steer clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 MarlboroMan

campus is always a good option for first years.problem is that while everywhere else is getting cheaper, the UCD accommodation office wants to make it more expensive next term...plus they have new security gates up which make it feel like a prison.....

try round up group 4-5 and rent a nice flat/apartment/house.works out cheaper but might end up fighting over who gets the box room....
    Stillorgan i feel is a great area to live in.only round 20-25min walk.best bus route in dublin 46a/145/84/746/47/63 so max 5mins at a bus-stop or you can cycle and it takes 10-15max.

prices range from round 350 if sharing a room, 500 for your own room.

Advertisement