Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piracy works

Options
  • 21-03-2009 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/the-last-remnant-is-unplayable-on-pc

Sadly pirates dont have such issues, with ubisofts new strategy of releasing their games with no protection and only requiring a key for the online portions. Are they proving that piracy is a massive thing?

or are Square Enix proving that punishing the customers for others getting working games?

An odd one but i downloaded hawx on wednesday night then bought the game for the key today, to me that made sense i have no issues with the game or any moral problems with downloading it, i got it early to learn it now i can play it online coop (i ****ing loved blazing angels i think me and my mates are the only peolpe in the entire world who still play it online).

I was going to get last remant but tbh its quite clear i would be better off pirating it than actually buying it assuming i actually want to play it of course.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Where to begin with this post. Ah the grammer! I think my head is going to explode.

What I think your trying to say is that Squre Enix have scored an own goal by releasing a game with intrusive DRM that stops legitimate playing customers playing the game but does nothing to stop the pirates who will have no technical issues as they will have bypassed the DRM. The net result is Square Enix is treating its paying cutomers like criminals and encourgaing these customers to resort to piracy as they will have less heart ache to deal with when it comes to getting the games running.

The issue has been resolved. It was to do with Steam's timed release of the game. They where abit slow in the unlocking of the game. If you check the steam forums the people where complaining where the people trying to activate the game overnight. The issue was resloved some time between 8.00am and 9.00am this morning. This is not the first game this has happened to and I doubt it will be the last. Hardly Square Enix's fault.
    I will also point out that the PC games Mass Effect, Titans Quest and Silent Hunter 4 all had issues when used with a no cd crack. So its false to assume that pirating games will lead to a bug free experience.

I can not determine what your saying about Ubisofts current anti piracy measures. Are you saying that they are not concerened with piracy as they use no DRM and only a CD key to protect online play?:confused:

You also say you piated Hawx and this resulted in you buying the game. Fair enough I actually understand this point.

I have no issue with this method of using piracy as an advanced demo and then purchasing a game if you like it and then not purchasing the game if you don't. However I doubt most pirates use this method and will the majority of the time pirate games with out buying the games even if they like them. Although in some cases if they like the mutiplayer side of the game will be forced to as they need a legit cd key.

Finally you say that you won't be buying The Last Remant because you will have too many issues with it due to its DRM system and your better off pirating it to avoid this hassle.

The issue has been resloved. But to be honest it sounds like you would not care. You have your mind made up and just want another excuse to justify piracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Azza wrote: »
    Where to begin with this post. Ah the grammer! I think my head is going to explode.[/I]

Ha the irony :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Ah I sooo mean't that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Where to begin with this post. Ah the grammer! I think my head is going to explode.

wow grammor/speelcheck nazi lesson 1 if abusing someone elses make sure yourz is correct, well done.......slow clap

And actually No to everything you said.

I intended on buying HAWX as i like what ubisoft romania have done with their previous arcadey flight sims.

Read up on what Ubisoft have done with their last 2 PC releases POP and HAWX no protection as they feel they are answering the pirates who complain about DRM by not using any. IMO they are counting beans if sales of both of those games are less then downloads which i would imagine they are activley counting they will rethink their PC DRM strategy.

The issue is with last Remnant maybe be resolved but i held the game in my hand today and DIDNT buy it as i read that post on Eurogamer before i entered the shop. No intentions of pirating it as was more a impulse buy rather than a "must get"

What i meant was its easier to pirate games and play them as there is less bollox involved.

sorry if that was lost on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ah I sooo mean't that! :D

"meant"?
    The OPs grammar was far better than some here tbh, don't really see what your problem was:confused:

This is a fantastic move on UBIsoft's part, I just hope that more publishers follow suite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'm liking HAWX, might just buy it for multiplayer.........see, the strategy works

Advertisement