Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panneling

Options
  • 21-03-2009 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Well all going to do a bit of t&g panneling just looking for some advice on installing it. Whats the best way of fixing it to concrete wall I'm thinking of sticking it on with grip fill as fixing battens to wall would bring it away to far from wall and architrave etc would I be correct? Also just wondering what would be the best way to finish ot on top was thinking of a dado rail with a slight rebate taken out from the back of it and then fix it to the t&g any other suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Alpha10

Well all going to do a bit of t&g panneling just looking for some advice on installing it. Whats the best way of fixing it to concrete wall I'm thinking of sticking it on with grip fill as fixing battens to wall would bring it away to far from wall and architrave etc would I be correct? Also just wondering what would be the best way to finish ot on top was thinking of a dado rail with a slight rebate taken out from the back of it and then fix it to the t&g any other suggestions?

Sounds good to me, can't think of a better way to fix it to concrete. Don't see the need for the rebate out of the dado, why not just gun o preene that too and butt it to the top of the panels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

cheers alpha would probaly be ok allrite just thought it mite look a bit tidier with the rebate on it tanx for the reply neway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

there is stuff called Stixall that's is far better than gun-o-prene. a couple of euro more butworth it. I stopped using grip fill and gunopreane after I seen how much better the new stuff is. If you glue a couple of bits of ply together with it. They tear the timber before the glue. savage stuff.

Barrets maynooth sell it. As good as Tec7 , only cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I done something similar, i routed a rebate into the underside of the dado rail & into the top of the skirting board (with both removed from the wall). Then i glued the t&g panelling into place using some panel adhesive i got in woodies.

Even if the adhesive doesn't work there's no where for the panelling to go as its trapped between the skirting and dado rail... it turned out lovely....

Advertisement