Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

type 2 diabetic

Options
  • 21-03-2009 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Diagnosed last september. bloods were 11 before food and 22 after food!! its in the family so panic'd a bit but had a lot of help!! within two months I had it down to six and for the last two moths they have been between 4 and 6.2 even after someit sugarary the night before! on glu ga zade(spelt wrong I know) but surely this is not the reason! or is this just honeymoon period? Doc mention my levels look like I'm not a diabetic but that I am. (dont really thrust him after going for 3 weeks with symptons before doin a urine test.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

I was diagnosed with type 2 at a reading of 28 and 32 the next day, I take glucofart as its populary known for obvious reasons, and my average HbA1C is between 6 to 7. I hoped it had gone away too, but my doc told me that wasn't the case, I try my best to steer clear of sugary stuff, but the worst culprit for me is anything with white flour in it.

www.diabetes.co.uk is a good place to look for answers, they have good forums, tons of info etc

take care

colin

Advertisement