Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Day Out, C&C Pls!

• 21-03-2009 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Took a trip to Glendalough and Brittas today, would love your C&C please! I went up the sally gap but it was too misty. My first day out away from the equestrian sport world, so felt a little lost but I think I got a few good ones.

I'll let you decide! :D
    Bit nervous my first C&C! :o

3370905405_972b141bb1.jpg

3371723504_76718a93cd.jpg

3370920713_084ee28ee9.jpg

The lot can be found on my Flickr

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

damn they are good.

for a first attempt at landscape photography, being thrown out of the realm of equestrian and to have shots like this is quite surperb.

all three photos are cropped very well, there's something in every corner, ever foreground and background, you filled the frame very well.

photo #1
    i love the dark eerie feel i'm getting off it, and the differing hill gradients is quite a nice touch :).

photo #2
    i'm a sucker for these flowing water shots, i can't get enough of them, for a first attempt you pulled it off quite well indeed.

photo #3
    i love the colours of the sea, the coastline is cropped excellently as well.

all in all some really good shots for what was a very deciving day - weather wise - and i hope ya continue the good work :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Great first attempt!
    #1 is the best. It's a little burnt out in the top left and the tree in the middle, for me anyway, takes away from the balance of the scene but otherwise it's grand.

#2 is cool, but it needs something else of interest in it, I feel. The twigs on the left could be cropped out too, perhaps?

#3, I like it. I know some people might say it needs foreground interest, but for me it works fine on its own!

Nice work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Nice photos, well captured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Love the 1st one, its amazing!!!

The rest are nice too but the 1st one is amazing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Love the Black & White conversion. You chose a great location for pictures, jemmy....very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Thanks for all your comments guys, I really appriaciate it.

I'm delighted with how they turned out if I'm honest. I didnt think I had an eye at all, but I don't think I'm quite as lost as I first thought! I know the middle one, the water shot, isnt great but it was my first attempt at it with no tripod and no decent flow either!

I've never done anything like that before. I may stick up some of my equestrian stuff show you all what I normally spend my wknds doing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

first and third are really nice, good work

Advertisement