Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thunderbird, easy to set up?

• 21-03-2009 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me is it easy to set up Thunderbird as i already had OE 6, but had pc getting fixed a while back & would like to check email quicker than checkin my gmail account.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Piss easy with gmail using pop 3. When setting up you just select gmail from a list and give it your username and password. IMAP is a little harder but there are some great guides for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

Thanks, i assume its easily downloadable from a reliable source, from Mozilla is it?
    Its not an add-on is it or an extension as i see that many add-ons that you f orget.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thunderbird is a standalone application. It's made by mozilla but it's completely independant of firefox.

Download from here (http://www.filehippo.com/download_thunderbird/).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

I'm only able to reply now as i was away.

What about your contacts in Outlook can you export them to Thunderbird, as i meant to say that earlier, as i'm thinking can you only do it with one email address OE/Gmail from changing over to Thunderbird?

Thanks, i'll not leave it as long the next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tpotter

dave_29 wrote: »
    What about your contacts in Outlook can you export them to Thunderbird, as i meant to say that earlier, as i'm thinking can you only do it with one email address OE/Gmail from changing over to Thunderbird?

You can import your address book and mail.

You would have to export it from Outlook first, which I believe is as simple as going to File -> Export -> Address Book.

Then in Thunderbird, goto Tools -> Import -> Address Book

As far as downloading it goes, I would go directly to the source ( http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/ )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Works with Yahoo mail as well.

Advertisement