Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Street View Car

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

there seems to be a black spot around blackrock in salthill, or maybe its just my computer

No, it is a google cockup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

I found my house, and spotted my mum and the neighbour out in the garden yapping!! Hilarious!

It must have been before the schools closed, as there are tonnes of school age kids in the estate where I live, and not one is in the shot; one little lad who is only about three so not at school!

There's a "google 2009" kind of water mark on lots of the photos I've looked at so it must've been done last year.

My mum was quite annoyed that it didn't feature her new fancy gate got this year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Look at the Prom.
    Outside Coco's is jammed with people soaking up the sunshine. Move past Leisureland and it looks cold and empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Strange kind of a bug if you try to traverse along lover Salthill....start at the PJ's bar facing twords town and try to move down the road, you go through an apartment parking lot and end up back on the road a few clicks later, it's almost like they went in behind the main road to take a few pictures?
    link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I always thought the lovely Burren Mount was closed.

Windows opened here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,107 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Google Street View blue car in Newcastle in the pouring rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Was in traffic on the Ballybane Rd at 0810 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭westgolf

Reopening a 12 year old thread, almost to the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

And still being on-topic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭westgolf

Original post was 2009, most recent before this weeks posts was 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭topcat77

Just spotted in Knocknacarra. upper ballymoneen road.

Saw it Tuesday in Bushypark!

The October 2022 street view journey is up now. That was quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

They didn't bother with my estate again. The car in our driveway was three clunkers ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I sawwhat I assumed was the streetview car stuck in rush hour traffic on Doughiska rd a couple of weeks ago, THought it getting stuck in traffic was a bit badly planned. Thought it surely couldn't lead to worthwhile shots being taken.

I passed it in a bus, road Dublin rd to Dunnes was still pretty fluid while the other direction was still and at least semi full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭ThePentagon

Image is from June 2009 so I'm guessing the Volvo Ocean Race was happening. I seem to remember someone at the time making an effort to make The Burren Mount appear slightly less grim and haunted (e.g. lights were left during the evening) presumably to give a better impression of the area to visitors during the festivities.

Apple street view car spotted on Threadneedle Road earlier

Advertisement