Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i remove cat dander

Options
  • 21-03-2009 8:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi
    Im looking for some advice on removing cat dander from my house :rolleyes:
    We are having guests in our house in the summer and I found out that one of the guests has an extreme cat allergy.

For starters I dont own a cat.....however my neighbour got a cat which prefers to spend time in our garden as my children give her lots of attention.

Initially when she turned up on the scene she occasionally sneaked into the house and slept under the bed.

Once she spend a whole night sleeping under a divan bed where an under bed drawer was missing.

Also my leather couch was given to me by a friend who owns lots of cats, i had to hoover up hairs from the underside of cushions(fabric)

I am not sure when last time was that cat was in if at all.

If anyone knows of a spray, or will bleach work?? :confused:

i appreciate it thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If the cat isn't in the house then there shouldn't be any problems just a general good clean around will remove any traces you can't gurantee a house to be 100% free of allergins anyway but if worried you can get pretty cheap air filters that you plug in which can be used in the living area during the day and transeferd to the guest sleeping quaters at night.
    Also if someone has bad allergies they will usually have some anti hestimine (sp?) with them.

Once you give the place a good hoover there's no need to worry that a cats been in the house now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ember

thats great Guineapigrescue

thanks for the advice

ember

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

After you hoover, you can give soft furnishings a rub with a chamoise (sp?) cloth or a damp cloth as it will pick up any fluff, hair, etc that may be left behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

first, remove the cat

the dander will disipate

Advertisement