Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hong Kong sellers of tech stuff on EBAY

Options
  • 21-03-2009 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I was wondering if anyone has bought second hand tech items from sellers from Hong Kong on Ebay and what your experiences have been or if there is anything to watch out for? I'm looking at some desktop RAM and a CPU.

I've seen what I think is good value, cheap P&P, ability to reurn item and good feedback ratings.

Any comments appreciated.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Peirn2

Thanks Mr.S,

I'm looking for an Athlon XP 2400+ (256Mhz FSB) and 1 Gb (2 x 512Mb sticks) of 133 SDRAM (168 pin) to upgrade an older PC.

I have an existing heatsink and fan but would be grateful for recommendations for a quieter option if possible, but I can re-use one I have.

The motherboard I have is socket A (462).

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Try here, You'll see they're cheap as chips anyway

Run cpuz to find out what ddr ram is already in the pc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I have bought all sorts off of HK Ebay vendors. Do all the usual checks, validate some feedback, most of them are powersellers with huge positive feedback anyways.

I have bought in recent times, some cheap laptop RAM, a new lcd for my N95, new Laptop keyboards, a CPU etc, never had any problems at all.

Inq

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I bought one of those portable video players with a big hard drive before from an ebay seller in honk kong. I had no problems with the sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Inquitus wrote: »
    I have bought all sorts off of HK Ebay vendors. Do all the usual checks, validate some feedback, most of them are powersellers with huge positive feedback anyways.

I have bought in recent times, some cheap laptop RAM, a new lcd for my N95, new Laptop keyboards, a CPU etc, never had any problems at all.

Inq
    I bought one of those portable video players with a big hard drive before from an ebay seller in honk kong. I had no problems with the sale.

Same here no problems but didn't have great expectations. If you go to say Maplin and see an item for 50euro then you can get the SAME item from HK for about 5 (inc shipping) only difference is you'll have to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive. I'll go with the 5 euro item any day, even had stuff in the same packaging as Maplin sell it in. Must have had 10-15 items from HK so far and only problem is that items take up to 3 weeks to arrive, most about 10 days.

Edit> Sorry I was talking about NEW stuff from HK, not sure I'd bother with S/H stuff from there as I wouldn't expect to pay much more the 50euro for the stuff you mention from Ireland or the UK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement