Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The transfer league

• 21-03-2009 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭

Came across this website that might interest some of you on here.

I have nothing to do with this site so dont compalin to me about the stats that may be wrong ;)

The idea behind this site is to give an indication of how much English soccer clubs spend on players and how that spending reflects on the clubs performances.

http://transferleague.co.uk/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

pretty sure a lot of the figures on that site are inaccurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Yeah I think most fee's were taken from newspaper reports etc etc but I think it may be one of the closest things we will see to a transfer spending table as we are always wondering in here who spends most etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Mr Alan wrote: »
    pretty sure a lot of the figures on that site are inaccurate.

There are quite a few inaccuracies as we all know, but it gives you a good idea of the general spending.

BBC came out with this yesterday
    In terms of net spending - taking into account income from sales - the clubs are much the same.

Liverpool's net spending over five years on players is £82.5m and United's has been £85.5m. Meanwhile, Chelsea spent £154.8m net on players during that time and Arsenal just £3.4m.

Advertisement