Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Cornell new album?

• 21-03-2009 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Got this yesterday and was a little bit taken aback. I have a broad musical taste so I dont find it as of putting as some peole might but I have to admit it's a long way from Sound Garden. It has at worst got more than a hint of Christen Aguiler about it and at best sounds like old school Michael Jackson. I'm not sure where he feels he's going with this direction but it is at the very least a brave departure. Any other opions on the new King Of Pop?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

haha, i know the feeling, OP, i had to go back and check wtf i was listening to on my first check of the album. but, tbh, i reckon that, as long as he's been in music, he's been doing his own thing, and that, on this particular album, he wanted to experiment with a 'dancier' kinda beat. i still think it's an ok album, though im definitely of the opinion that just about everything that he did with soundgarden and audioslave (with the possible exception of 'cant change me') is far superior to any of his solo work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I think Euphoria Morning is a great solo effort, Carry On didn't have strong enough songs, and this latest offering is just grasping at straws trying to reinvent himself. The man can write great songs if pushed, he needs a good band behind him. There are some moments of greatness on his Audioslave stuff too, but I reckon the quality control wasn't there when it came to compiling the albums. Soundgarden were great but I think that era is gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 SwirlsAllAround

Trent Reznor made an interesting comment (on Twitter) about Cornell's new album:

"You know that feeling you get when somebody embarrasses themselves so badly YOU feel uncomfortable? Heard Chris Cornell's record? Jesus."

I think that's a bit harsh... I've heard two songs from the album...one I hope I never hear again and one which might grow on me... Fair play to him for being brave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

hahahahahaha, that's an awesome comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

good aul trent spot on as usual

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RAMAN

Yeah looks like Billie Jean was his lover after all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

heard it ...i cringed....opens cornell up for a nice slagging on family guy season 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

Trent Reznor made an interesting comment (on Twitter) about Cornell's new album:

"You know that feeling you get when somebody embarrasses themselves so badly YOU feel uncomfortable? Heard Chris Cornell's record? Jesus."

Yup Trent nails it as usual. Reznor is one of the few artists from that era (early 90s) who made it through alive and is still making great music.

Cornell has musical genius in him, but he needs the chemistry of a band around him, pushing him. The other guys in soundgarden were all VERY good musos (Matt Cameron is still one of my fav drummers). But this solo stuff Cornell is making lately is junk e.gif

Advertisement