Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Brown - Tattoo

Options
  • 21-03-2009 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hey all, (sorry you're probably sick of fairies/butterfly tatts by now)

I want to get a fairy tattoo on my back and just wondering who would be the best person to go to (I am based in Dublin but I can travel)?

I love all the Amy Brown Faeries http://www.amybrownart.com/tattoos.asp?p=1and would like something similar but with my own take on it..

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Jmd's in waterford would do a great job, both joe and ian are really good a colour pieces etc

http://www.jmdsbodyart.com/ <<<<< linky

best advise email them a few times regarding them , if/ before you pop down to them.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

Thanks emo!! I will check them out now & send them an email and see what they say..

Any other recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Wojt in Wildcat could be good for this if you're looking for a nice illustrated style to your tattoo.

Here's a cut and paste of some advice I gave in another thread about a fairy tattoo:

"Don't skimp on the size or you'll most likely end up with a rubbish fairy tattoo like 95% of the fairy tats out there, when they're done right they can look great but in the main they're woeful IMO.
    Take a look at www.worldoffroud.com too, even buzz into Easons they should have some of his books."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Might be worth investing in a book, like Diceicle said. I had a book of fairy art that included some Amy Brown stuff that had very high quality prints in it, about A3 size. Something like that would be a worthwhile investment as it'd be perfect reference material for the artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

Diceicle wrote: »
    Wojt in Wildcat could be good for this if you're looking for a nice illustrated style to your tattoo.

Here's a cut and paste of some advice I gave in another thread about a fairy tattoo:

"Don't skimp on the size or you'll most likely end up with a rubbish fairy tattoo like 95% of the fairy tats out there, when they're done right they can look great but in the main they're woeful IMO.
    Take a look at www.worldoffroud.com too, even buzz into Easons they should have some of his books."

Thanks Diceicle, I will check him out and i'm gonna check that link out too for more ideas...

I agree on the size, I want a good size tattoo with proper detailing and I've been thinking about this for over a year now. I am attracted to Amy Brown's desgins and have a few of her books and designs so I have a fair idea what way I would like it done..

I cannot wait to get it done now..

I havent seen many people here with her designs as tattoos have you??

Gauge, do you remember what the name of that book was by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

emo!! wrote: »
    Jmd's in waterford would do a great job, both joe and ian are really good a colour pieces etc

http://www.jmdsbodyart.com/ <<<<< linky

best advise email them a few times regarding them , if/ before you pop down to them.:)

Does Joe check his mail often? I sent him an email a while ago but havent received an answer yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

d-redser wrote: »
    Thanks Diceicle, I will check him out and i'm gonna check that link out too for more ideas...

I agree on the size, I want a good size tattoo with proper detailing and I've been thinking about this for over a year now. I am attracted to Amy Brown's desgins and have a few of her books and designs so I have a fair idea what way I would like it done..

I cannot wait to get it done now..

I havent seen many people here with her designs as tattoos have you??

Gauge, do you remember what the name of that book was by any chance?

I don't have it up here with me, but I got my mam to check last night and it's "The Art of Faery"- if you google it you'll see what the cover looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

A lot of dodgy tattoos on there. Fairy paintings are lovely but tattoos are a different story. It looks like its pretty easy to fcuk up the face, breasts shape or make the wings look raggedy. Be really careful picking your artist!!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

i have a large pixie/fairy on my side, done by Dave M in foxes bow in Limerick

seen in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59103304#post59103304

good luck and check out as many pics as u can get ur hands on

Advertisement