Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Working Part Time+Job Seekers Allowance

• 21-03-2009 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I am currently on job seekers allowance but I should have the opportunity to get some part time work in the next week or so. I have looked at welfare.ie and other sites but I can't figure out for the life of me how much I would earn if I do get the job and can still collect partial job seekers allowance.

In theory I would be working 3 days a week, earning around 70 euro a day, however one of those days is likely to be a Sunday which is treated differently. Doe's anyone know how much JSA if anything I would be eligible for should I get the job?

I was also wondering how I go about sorting this out if I get the job, do I treat it as making a new claim and go through the application process all over again?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Herbal Tea

Hi Gadd, I am in a similar position to yourself and wondered if you figured anything out in regard to your question above ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

Herbal Tea wrote: »
    Hi Gadd, I am in a similar position to yourself and wondered if you figured anything out in regard to your question above ?

Did anyone find out what the deal is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

If you're working three days a week receiving 70 Euro a day, and one of the days is a Sunday, then you would lose 60 Euro a week from your Jobseekers Allowance claim.

If one of the days was not a Sunday, you would lose 90.

Advertisement