Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchestown Hunter Trials

Options
  • 21-03-2009 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

Does anybody know the results of the open singles and pairs in Punchestown H/T last week.

I didn't get to go and heard mixed reviews about the course. What did everyone think of it?

Wicked

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Heard today that three horses were destroyed,some new wall.Results in the field as follows
    1st Tj Foley
    2nd Harry Green
    3rd Gavin Duffy

Pairs 1st P Flynn and Aoife Smullen
    2nd Martin and Cathy O leary
    3rd Townley Angel and Will Coonan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

The results are in today's Irish Field results section.

Re. the course: I didn't think it was too bad. The novice was straight forward enough while the open course required some sensible riding. I know there was at least one international event rider who competed and their riding really stood out from the rest in the open competiton. I think that sensible, careful and accurate riding is the key to avoiding injuries when competing in any discipline, especially cross country.

Mod hat on for a moment: when discussing the reports about injured/destroyed horses please make sure your facts are correct and don't simply report "rumours" that you heard from other people. Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

convert wrote: »

Mod hat on for a moment: when discussing the reports about injured/destroyed horses please make sure your facts are correct and don't simply report "rumours" that you heard from other people. Thanks
    Fair enough, person who told me was there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Wicked

really! that seems like a lot injured, did they not pull out the jump then?

it's terrible when horses get hurt, hope they were all ok and minor enough injuries.

Funny, an organiser of the event told me something different and it was nowhere near as drastic.

However, I am taking all reports with a grain of sand until I see something official announced and discussions of the rumours here won't really benefit anyone.

• Advertisement

And somebody who was marking a fence told me....

And so it goes around and around and around.... :rolleyes:

I think, as Zaraba said, until there's something official announced, it's better for everyone involved to avoid speculation. :)

Funny, an organiser of the event told me something different and it was nowhere near as drastic.

However, I am taking all reports with a grain of sand until I see something official announced and discussions of the rumours here won't really benefit anyone.

Grains of salt may also be used.

true enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 annekrim

There was one horse put down for certain and the rider taken to hospital, rider OK now. Very sad loss for all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mel94

Anyone no the results of the triples?

• Advertisement

mel94 wrote: »
    Anyone no the results of the triples?

They were in the Irish Field results section last week. Don't know them off the top of my head, but will try resurrect them for you.

Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Open Trebles -
    1st M. Foley, J. Bannon & R. O'Sullivan, Ward
    2nd B & G. Maher & J. Cash, Ward
    3rd N. Monks, C. Mooney & E. Moore, NKF
    4th S, K & J. Kelly, Carlow
    5th D & P. Stone & E. Prenderville, SCDH
    6th H, M & B. Leonard, Ward

Thanks for that Alibear!