Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating out in Cavan

Options
  • 21-03-2009 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

I know Cavan is a big county but could someone recommend a nice place to have Sunday lunch in the county. Located somewhere scenic preferably.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

The old poste inn is very nice, food is very good and its in nice area. oh and i suppose the radisson hotel would come under "scenic"!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Well I want to bring my mother out for lunch and to see some of Cavan's lakes en route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Gadjodilo

The food in this place is to die for.

http://www.macneanrestaurant.com/

But it's away up in Blaclklion and you might have trouble getting a booking at short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Top notch wee restaurant up past Virginia called the Forge. Similar mould to the Old Poste. Top quality grub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Try Cabra castle in Kingscourt... Dun a Ri forest park there too for some walks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mrs moneypenny

I have to agree with the above poster - you won't be disappointed with Cabra Castle. The food is just first class.

If you're making a booking make sure you ask for a room in the Castle itself instead of the Courtyard - although even if you do get a room in the courtyard, you'll still have a lovely and relaxing and peaceful time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

+1 for Cabra Castle in Kingscourt - you can go for a wee stroll in Dun A Ri forest park afterwards or before and the food in the hotel is lovely although can be very busy with golfers and weddings.

+1 for the Old Post Inn - beautiful food

Errigal House in Cootehill has lovely food as well

McNeans resturant in Blacklion would be fantastic but it would be very hard to get a reservation i'd imagine.

No matter where you are in Cavan, your sure to be not too far away from fantastic scenery and lakes - theres 365 of them after all!!

Advertisement