Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pub in Castlebar to watch Rugby today

Options
  • 21-03-2009 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all,

Myself & my wife are travelling to Castlebar this evening. Can anyone recommend a decent pub to watch the Ireland v Wales match?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

I've never watched rugby in Castlebar, but Coxes, Rockys and the pub across the road (can't remember the name, does really good food!) from them are usually good spots. Theyre down by Penneys, don't know the name of the street though! Im not much help! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Rockys on linenhall street would probably be the best option.
    Or Bar 1 on rush street should have a large screen as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Top Pubs

1. Bar 1 Rush St. (BTW this is a Rugby Pub)
    2. Rockys Linenhill St.
    3. Rays Castle St

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Ive been living in castlebar for nearly seven years and I never heard of rays on castle street??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Ive been living in castlebar for nearly seven years and I never heard of rays on castle street??? :confused:

Its Prendergasts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

One of the best around!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Its only the regulars who know it as Rays. Its quite a modern pub, very dress conscious clientel and serves great drink (thats the main thing :) )

You could also go across the road to The Castle, great soccer pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Gerry Tolsters on Spencer Street has three TV sets and friendly service.

Advertisement