Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to connect asus netbook to eircom?

Options
  • 21-03-2009 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

hi all,

i have a netopia wireless router from eircom(just new).i connected my dell laptop no problem.

i cannot seem to connect my asus netbook,with linux, to the wireless router.it works no problem using the ethernet cable.

how can i get this working?is it to do with wpa which my router uses?

also i know little about computers,but i have tried searching for solutions.

ta muchly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

What OS is on it? I got the Asus netbook with it's own flavour of Linux and I couldn't get it to connect to a Buffalo or Zyxel wireless router no matter what I tried. There are tons of threads around the web about this problem.

If it is a Linux netbook I'd recommend downloading and installing Cruncheee (http://crunchbanglinux.org/wiki/downloads - CrunchEee Eee PC Edition). It's a much better interface imo and a lot faster than the default installation. If you like the tellytubbies style interface that you have then get Easy Peasy. Both of these are customised for netbooks but I find Cruncheee much faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭kindalen

no idea what os its running on,will have to check.it does use linux.will check when i get home.

Then it's the Asus flavour. I have no idea what it causing the issue but you're not alone with it.
    Wireless works perfectly with either of the two alternative distributions I mentioned.

going to try and get this sorted today.

thanks a million,worked perfect.

• Advertisement

Cool. Which one did you go with?

cruncheee,thank crunchy...great battery life on this asus too.

Advertisement