Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendly Invitation: Poker Forum Team

• 21-03-2009 1:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

I see your new season isnt starting until April 7th. Are any of you interested in a friendly versus the Poker forum Team?

Preferably at a weekend as many of our players are degenerate weekday gamblers, as well as other work related reasons.

Ive already PMed Des about it and he doesnt seem to think ye'll be able to get the numbers but sure no harm in asking here.

I havent asked the poker forum yet as we have a "build it and they will come attitude" but Im nearly positive if ye can get numbers and we agree to a date we will have a team.

Thanks Lads,

Steve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

A few of our guys play weekend ball so don't think it'll be a runner. Saturdays are out anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Saturdays a generally bad for us too, we have played all our matches on Sundays so far. Well sure if ye can get a team together the offer is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Maybe a Sunday yeh but I wouldn't be too hopeful. Maybe Des will send a text out or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'd be on for a Sunday friendly and would hope we'd be able to get 11 players between current squad, players interested in trying out for the new season and random punters if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Saturdays are defo not doable for us as we have lads working, lads playing grass 11 a side, lads from the country who go home etc etc.

Sunday is doable, but would be hard to get a proper team. what about Thursday the 2nd?? Surely week nights suits everybody. would do wednesday, only Ireland play Italy that night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement