Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subway in Leixlip

Options
  • 21-03-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Have to say love the food in that place, don't like fridays sub of the day :(

No where else really to get nice lunch is there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I love the happy subway man!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

highway 66 haha! the ryevale does crackin bar food/carvery.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

was actually in highway 66 there few nights ago locked off my bin, food is emmm strange there, lets just say wouldnt go there sober anyways.
    Not a huge fan of carvery either, it's always very dry, although pint of heineken makes it go down well

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Courtyard. Steak burgers gone down 4 quid due to recession

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Three sisters does a carvery aswell. And they've reopened the "cafe" part of the bakery but i haven't been so i can't really comment yet.

If you're feeling adventurous you could head up to weston airport either, they do nice food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Ye I love it too. go there once a week without fail. Mr 'WELCOME TO SUBWAY' is a bit intense though, not sure if he's serious or taking the piss :eek:

Zatman wrote: »
    Courtyard. Steak burgers gone down 4 quid due to recession

What was the original price of the burgers?

I go to the courtyard to watch some premier matches and get their sandwhiches (comes with chips). Sandwhiches are a bit of a let down tbh.

The three sisters looks closed everytime I go past except for the odd smoker I see outside!

Ya the manager of the Subway there seems sound enough. He wouldnt stop talking to me though, I was giving him ya and no answers. I just bloody wanted to eat my SUB!!!!
    Have you guys noticed actually come to think of it that the one in Leixlip charged a little bit more than the other places????

A footlong sub of the day is normally 4.99euro, the one in Leixlip charge 5.19euro and they don't put in as much salad as the one in the square does :(

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Steak Burger used to be 12.95 when i started going in. Now down to 8quid which isnt bad

Zatman wrote: »
    Steak Burger used to be 12.95 when i started going in. Now down to 8quid which isnt bad

For a burger it's still quite high, have you tried the gourmet burger place in liffey valley across from Boots? Now thats what I call a burger. Got the Kiwi burger, amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i have particularly fond memories of the chips in the hill chipper.

and the wee café behind the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

The manager in that subway is dead on. We were waiting for a while because he ran out of bread, and upgraded us all to meals for free. 4 of us coming from a match. dead sound.
    Its good to get good friendly service staff, they seem so rare these days.
    Also I love Subway.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I Must admit it is a rare flower that emerges from the pot of dirt...

Beautiful isn't it :)

and the wee café behind the post office.

Thats closed now
    Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    The three sisters looks closed everytime I go past except for the odd smoker I see outside!

They have closed down, for renovations apparently. Talk of a steak restaurant/bar but no one knows for sure

Seriously, whats so bad about Leixlip exactly?

I live in Leixlip and don't particularly like it myself. Compare to say Maynooth? Leixlip has very very little in the village. There's no shopping centres. Granted Manor mills is not the best but even celbridge has a small one. The mall does not count!
    Leixlip is just a commuter town. People sleep there but don't live there.

Maynooth is more lively and there are more things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Yep its pretty good, the worst thing is trying to get parking anywhere near it! The time I've wasted in that little car park/dead end around the corner!

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    I live in Leixlip and don't particularly like it myself. Compare to say Maynooth? Leixlip has very very little in the village. There's no shopping centres. Granted Manor mills is not the best but even celbridge has a small one. The mall does not count!
    Leixlip is just a commuter town. People sleep there but don't live there.

Maynooth is more lively and there are more things to do.

Bar the "shopping" out in maynooth, i don't see where it has much more to do than Leixlip.

Also i think you'll find alot of people live in Leixlip, not just sleep there. That's whys there's two parishs, two Gaa clubs and two football clubs.

Yep its pretty good, the worst thing is trying to get parking anywhere near it! The time I've wasted in that little car park/dead end around the corner!

Yea, the car parking is dire down there! I usually park in front of Bank of Ireland.

Also, Paddy Powers are giving away free parking cards at the moment because the Three Sisters car park is closed. So you can pop in there, grab one of those are park around town for free if you like ;)

Ya they were established well before it became a commuter town. Half of Leixlip people say they are from Dublin, figures really.

Bar the "shopping" out in maynooth, i don't see where it has much more to do than Leixlip.

Also i think you'll find alot of people live in Leixlip, not just sleep there. That's whys there's two parishs, two Gaa clubs and two football clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Seriously, whats so bad about Leixlip exactly?

Honnestly? there is fuck all to do here, No cinema, no decent bus service, no decent shopping. a total dive of a nightclub (which i've been in once, and the night came to a peak when some random guy came up took a piss against the wall inside the club.

Dont get me wrong, some of the countryside looks beautiful. but you cant really just stare at that all day.

Honnestly? there is fuck all to do here, No cinema, no decent bus service, no decent shopping. a total dive of a nightclub (which i've been in once, and the night came to a peak when some random guy came up took a piss against the wall inside the club.

Dont get me wrong, some of the countryside looks beautiful. but you cant really just stare at that all day.

Its a small town man, what sort of small town has its own cinema? Liffey valley is ten minutes down the road, great cinema there..

There isn't decent shopping i'll admit, but there are places nearby. Bus service is pretty much the same as it is everywhere else.. buses into dublin along the usual route going at pretty much the same time (granted, not always on time, can't fault the town for that), i don't know what else you want from a bus service.

The nightclub is something everyone (including the townspeople) agree on, its a dive. But they're changing it as we speak and hopefully it won't be the ****hole it was before. I think the main problem there was the people they had start letting into the place from all over.

the smell just adds to it all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yeah the owner of that Subway is a very nice chap alright.

Massive mistake opening up the Subway in Lexlip as oposed to either Lucan or Maynooth though.

Plus they close at around 10, stay open for the drunk folk and make a killing!

Holsten wrote: »
    Yeah the owner of that Subway is a very nice chap alright.

Massive mistake opening up the Subway in Lexlip as oposed to either Lucan or Maynooth though.

Plus they close at around 10, stay open for the drunk folk and make a killing!

Yeah Lucan especially, would have really cleaned up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Its a small town man, what sort of small town has its own cinema? Liffey valley is ten minutes down the road, great cinema there..

There isn't decent shopping i'll admit, but there are places nearby. Bus service is pretty much the same as it is everywhere else.. buses into dublin along the usual route going at pretty much the same time (granted, not always on time, can't fault the town for that), i don't know what else you want from a bus service.

The nightclub is something everyone (including the townspeople) agree on, its a dive. But they're changing it as we speak and hopefully it won't be the ****hole it was before. I think the main problem there was the people they had start letting into the place from all over.
    The main problem with Leixlip is the hardcore old Leixlip people. They have a bit of sway and will object to any progress, unless they can profit from it themselves.

Do you honestly think that the Subway closes at 10 because it wants to?

Look at how the Courtyard is still being held back by certain elements. They have another two bars ready to go, but can't open them because certain people in certain positions are in the pocket of others.

Feel free to elaborate, I'm slightly intrigued.
    Terry wrote: »
    The main problem with Leixlip is the hardcore old Leixlip people. They have a bit of sway and will object to any progress, unless they can profit from it themselves.

Do you honestly think that the Subway closes at 10 because it wants to?

Look at how the Courtyard is still being held back by certain elements. They have another two bars ready to go, but can't open them because certain people in certain positions are in the pocket of others.

Terry wrote: »

He's talking about the fact that the one of the other bar owners in the town has supposedly paid people to object to the other bars opening, which is probably true.

But i don't think that makes the town a "pot of dirt" which is the point im getting at.

We have all the facilities of a small town, with more facilities close by. I don't think people can sit here all day and call Leixlip a ****hole because there's nothing to do.

No point dwelling on speculation, where do you get the idea that this is happening?
    He's talking about the fact that the one of the other bar owners in the town has supposedly paid people to object to the other bars opening, which is probably true.

But i don't think that makes the town a "pot of dirt" which is the point im getting at.

We have all the facilities of a small town, with more facilities close by. I don't think people can sit here all day and call Leixlip a ****hole because there's nothing to do.

• Advertisement

and because they are a better place to go :rolleyes:

Advertisement