Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland absolutely disgraced...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The victim of the assault is talking to Joe Duffy on the radio now . Apparently a 70 year old man was also a victim of assault there .7 people in all .It seems this is a regular occurence by this particular family and not once has any one of them being arrested ? Something very wrong there .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Dudess,

My point is; HIS experience is that, for him, Ireland WAS a dangerous place.
    None of us know whether he will temper his holiday horror tale with accounts of the public furore over what happened to him, we can only hope that he does. But when his big trip to Ireland is destroyed by a family of savages, can we realistically expect him to be in a frame of mind where he'll rationalise his experience against that of the majority who had no trouble?
    Incidentally, you did say that "he could have just have left the town it happened in". He's not just had a slap in a pub or had his phone nicked, he's taken a savage beating from multiple assailants, in broad daylight. You really think he should have just carried on to the next spot on the tourist trail? Really?
    I don't think he was blaming the entire country by leaving, he was a guy whose holiday had been ruined & who was doubtless still in a lot of pain. Going home to lick your wounds & recuperate seems entirely reasonable to me. Maybe not everyone would, but I don't think his choice is worthy of criticism.
    Anyway, one thing I think we're agreed on is that we do have a scumbag element here. But the fact that other countries suffer this on a larger scale shouldn't encourage us to be blase about our own problems. This guy DID have a very bad experience here. The fact it only happens to a small minority doesn't make his experience any less unpleasant, any less real, any less painful. I'm all for defending Ireland against unfair criticism, just like you, but we have to accept that for this guy, he had a real **** time here & he's as entitled to his opinions as much as those who had a ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭CPT. SURF

Ireland is full of scum to be fair. Stories like this only enforce this fact a little bit more. Tipp town is horrible too, it creeps me out everytime I have to drive through it going up the west.

There is Jehova's Witness Kingdom Hall at the south edge of the town. Maybe if those fruitcakes made a bit more effort in their conversions the place would not be such an almighty shytehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Before we go any further there is no such problem in Edenderry. It has its fair share of scumbags, but they are all individuals, there are no gangs.

I don't think so, every time i came back to Ireland i'm shocked with amount of scumbags cruising the streets, intimidating people and openly selling the drugs... Dublin city center is the biggest sh*thole in Europe and by the sounds of it the rest of the county is not much better either.

There were apparently 7,8 victims of assault that day and is nothing to suggest that this story wont be picked up on by the local media in the American victim's home town /city , which will be a bad reflection on the good people of Tipparay and Ireland in general .

• Advertisement

latchyco wrote: »
    There were apparently 7,8 victims of assault that day and is nothing to suggest that this story wont be picked up on by the local media in the American victim's home town /city , which will be a bad reflection on the good people of Tipparay and Ireland in general .

I'm absolutely sure it will be, Latchy.

I've already said we can only hope that he presents a balanced view of what happened, and maybe mentions the outpourings of anger from the vast majority of decent people.
    But we have to respect that the wounds & the pain are still fresh & raw. We have to respect what HIS experience was, and suggesting that he can f*ck off if he tells it like HE saw it was pretty poor, imho.

big b wrote: »
    I'm absolutely sure it will be, Latchy.

I've already said we can only hope that he presents a balanced view of what happened, and maybe mentions the outpourings of anger from the vast majority of decent people.
    Listening to the man in question on Joe duffy and others who were there on the day ,he was grateful for sorrow , best wishs and thanks recieved and has had offers to stay in people homes should he wish to return .He said he will one day .
    But we have to respect that the wounds & the pain are still fresh & raw. We have to respect what HIS experience was, and suggesting that he can f*ck off if he tells it like HE saw it was pretty poor, imho.
    Telling it not as it is and glossing over what happened would suit the fcuk off brigade who perhaps dont really care either way .The damage will have being done by then

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Well by the sounds of the American man's testamony on Joe Duffy, he seems to have been praising everyone else in Tipp. Town.

He mentioned that everyone else he met were very nice and polite, and that he would return to Ireland in the future...

...just not Tipp. Town, which in all fairness is fair enough.

It was very touching to hear the support from the people on the show. Hotels are offering him a free stay, and the woman who rang his ambulance came on aswell. It was quite overwhelming to hear people talking about their experiences, and you can understand their fear.

WHAT THE HELL ARE THE GARDAI DOING????!!!!

One woman came on and said her 14 year old son was attacked that day, and a garda just strolled over, and said to the attacker "You shouldn't be hitting young boys", like he threw a paper airplane at him.
    It's no wonder the Gardai wouldn't show up on the show, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Same group of lads by the sounds of it, on the same street. Get more gardai patrolling the streets, patrol cars, if any trouble is spotted, get the feck in there!!!! Don't just shuffle by, picking the dirt out of your finger nails!!!

2 TDs came on, one said he had no idea of any of this (bull****), and another said he would go to the Dail tomorrow.
    Untill anything happens, they are just words.

I dont wish to split hairs here or anything so but am womdering , how many other people, Irish or otherwise, have being victims of such assaults over the years but through fear, intmiadation, or indifference never got to see anybody charged ? What makes this stand out is it wasn't your average drunken punch up , spill over from a nightclub ,( which is still an assault ) but pure common assault in broad daylight on innocent people , which had it happened in any other town ,village or city in most of the western world , would have had the police making arrests .So It was intresting to hear somebody on the radio say that the gardai are acting accordingly .Lets hope everybody concerned get to see these people charged and brought to court .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dillinger3000

i was listening on friday and was listening today. i absolutely have sympathy for the people, especially young guys in tipp town who have to live in fear of being picked on by these guys. i know what its like to be intimidated, and it makes you feel so helpless and ashamed...especially when youre a youngfellah

i am really really angry. not because of what these guys are doing to people..... we all know that animals like this exist. not just in tipperary, not just in ireland, but all over the world. its human nature, and it doesnt shock me.

what has me so annoyed is the way the system works. now i fully understand that the law is fair, and that these guys are entitled to the same due process as everybody else. without this due process society falls apart.
    but my point is that in cases like this... if the victims cannot give direct evidence in court, then the scumbags win.they cannot be convicted of anything.

the law is failing the people it is there to protect.

it enraged me to hear that a 14 year old kid who was getting punched by one of these guys was witnessed by a garda, who told the scumbag "ah, ya cant do that to a youngfellah"

that is a disgrace. that garda should be ashamed of himself.

he had the power to arrest the scummer, and have him prosecuted by the dpp, give evidence himself, and see that scummer locked up without the young guy having to press charges or point him out.

why didnt he do that? did he have better things to do?

everything else is secondary in my opinion.

to be honest, if the law cant protect anyone.....
    if the gards cant protect anyone....

then they should at least turn a blind eye to a vigilante group.
    those guys need to be hospitalised.

10 big local men should get together, mask up, go down to the haulting site with baseball bats, and beat these guys to within an inch of their lives. i mean break every one of their arms and legs badly.

is that politically incorrect??

who cares... these guys have left people with no other options

personally if i (for some strange reason) attacked a random guy on the street for no reason, when i went to court and get prosicuted, i wouldnt feel outraged that the guy i attacked pressed charges...

who the hell are these guys to intimidate and attack people who just want to be treated fairly by the law.

if thats their attitude towards the good people they attack, then i think at that stage hospitalizing them is the only option.

guys like that wear prison sentences as a badge of honour... they gain status from being in prison, and it costs us colosal money as taxpayers

hospitalize the c*nts, only answer. run them out of the place

ps: the guards should have to explain themselves for the way they are dealing with the family.... they should be bending the rules to protect the majority. its not good enough what theyre doing. arent they also winging about their pension levy?? theyre not doing a great job are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

RossBurke wrote: »

What has me so annoyed is the way the system works. now i fully understand that the law is fair, and that these guys are entitled to the same due process as everybody else. without this due process society falls apart.
    but my point is that in cases like this... if the victims cannot give direct evidence in court, then the scumbags win.they cannot be convicted of anything.

Correct, but you need to understand peoples reluctance to follow prosecutions up due to fear of reprisals. Gaurds can only do so much. You can't make somebody make a statement if they don't want to.
    the law is failing the people it is there to protect.
    Yes, I totally agree, but Irish people/onlookers have an awful lot to answer for too as they either don't care, are afraid or don't want to get involved.
    it enraged me to hear that a 14 year old kid who was getting punched by one of these guys was witnessed by a garda, who told the scumbag "ah, ya cant do that to a youngfellah"

that is a disgrace. that garda should be ashamed of himself.
    Hearsay, you weren't there and this may be someones view that may not be an acurate reflection of what occured.
    he had the power to arrest the scummer, and have him prosecuted by the dpp, give evidence himself, and see that scummer locked up without the young guy having to press charges or point him out.
    Sit in the childrens court in Smithfield. Watch how gardai have the place packed with little Angels (future scum). And also watch how incompetent the Judges are to deal with the minor offenders. Assault = probation act = not conviction = scumbag laughing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but anyone who recieves the probation act can only recieve it once? These little bastards are getting it several times.
    why didnt he do that? did he have better things to do?
    We weren't there so you or I cannot give an answer to this and to be honest, Joe Duffy cannot be credited with honest to god truth callers either. Joe hates teh guards anyway.
    everything else is secondary in my opinion.
    Wholehartedly agree with you m8
    The law is there and the gardai are there. Just provide prison space and give the Judges a kick in the arse to make things right. Also, the legal aide system in this country needs to be completely abolished and started again. The Governments may save Millions as its a free for all at the moment which is exacerabating the problem.

10 big local men should get together, mask up, go down to the haulting site with baseball bats, and beat these guys to within an inch of their lives. i mean break every one of their arms and legs badly.

is that politically incorrect??

who cares... these guys have left people with no other options

Bullshít cos that in itself brings its own problems and you haven't thought that statement through.
    personally if i (for some strange reason) attacked a random guy on the street for no reason, when i went to court and get prosicuted, i wouldnt feel outraged that the guy i attacked pressed charges...

who the hell are these guys to intimidate and attack people who just want to be treated fairly by the law.
    Mindless, below average IQ, dirt. I think we know this at this stage. Try reasoning with one some night. If you confuse them you'll probably get a dig in the eye.
    ps: the guards should have to explain themselves for the way they are dealing with the family.... they should be bending the rules to protect the majority. its not good enough what theyre doing. arent they also winging about their pension levy?? theyre not doing a great job are they?

Donegal ring any bells?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I listened to Joe duffy today as well, and I can't get my head around how 4 asshats managed to walk around the town attacking people without a single person intervening. Its shocking actually. How many people were in the town that day?

listen mutz... firstly yes, i heard this all on joe duffy. i dont know if the people who rang in to tell their stories are telling the truth... no one does. i just have to assume that they have better things to do then ring into joe duffy and start lying.

also, i am well aware of why these people may not want to give evidence against these scumbags. my point ISNT that they should be forced to give evidence, or that they are wrong not to testify as you were suggesting.... my point is that surely some clever tactics could be employed to get around this problem.

the story about the kid getting slaps off the twenty something year old scumbag.... and the garda not arresting the scumbag....
    it was the kids parent that rang in. i doubt they were lying.
    i dont know what you meant in your reply... it was not relevant to my comments.
    my point there was that this kid had his assault witnessed by a cop(as far as we know).
    therefore, this kid should not be in the same position as the other victims where a conviction can only be secured from the victims evidence.....
    the cop witnessed it, and im pretty sure a violent assault is a crime which is punishable by law. tell me where i am wrong please.

everything i stated in my post (my first ever post on here) is my opinion based on what i heard. i am assuming that all the people who rang in were being truthful. if it turns out that some of the details were found to be different or untrue, then my opinion may well change, but correct me if im wrong.....
    ....this is a forum where people are supposed to offer their opinions....

so saying that i cant comment on stuff because its hearsay is a bit silly.if i was there i would be going to the cops, not telling a bunch of strangers on the internet.

now, i know that advocating vigilantaism is very un-pc and i was expecting some criticizm for that, but when the laws hands are tied by the sheer thuggery that we heard about, its time to fight back, eye for an eye. what solution would you offer. i can tell you that if it was my elderly father that was attacked, and the gards told me to lay off, i would certainly feel like administering some justice myself.

to be honest lad, i think youre missing all my point alltogether. i know that we are in agreement that these guys are scum.... my question to you is what should be done about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't think he was blaming the entire country by leaving, he was a guy whose holiday had been ruined & who was doubtless still in a lot of pain. Going home to lick your wounds & recuperate seems entirely reasonable to me. Maybe not everyone would, but I don't think his choice is worthy of criticism.
    I agree. He may well just have been thinking "I've got to get home" because we tend to crave the comfort of familiar surroundings in times of trauma... My criticism of him packing up and leaving the country was harsh, on reflection.
    the fact that other countries suffer this on a larger scale shouldn't encourage us to be blase about our own problems.
    You keep misinterpreting me - not once did I say or even hint that. Urging people to remember that Ireland could be far worse (which it could) is not the same as denying there's any problem at all and recommending we not give a sh1t about the crime problems we ARE experiencing.
    This guy DID have a very bad experience here. The fact it only happens to a small minority doesn't make his experience any less unpleasant, any less real, any less painful.
    Agreed.
    I'm all for defending Ireland against unfair criticism, just like you, but we have to accept that for this guy, he had a real **** time here & he's as entitled to his opinions as much as those who had a ball.
    But opinion isn't necessarily fact. Being of the opinion Ireland in general is really dangerous based on one incident (if this were the case with the guy in question - it seems it isn't so obviously just hypothetically speaking here) is just generalising and narrow-minded.
    CPT. SURF wrote: »
    Tipp town is horrible too, it creeps me out everytime I have to drive through it going up the west.

There is Jehova's Witness Kingdom Hall at the south edge of the town. Maybe if those fruitcakes made a bit more effort in their conversions the place would not be such an almighty shytehole.
    :confused: You've lost me.
    Dublin city center is the biggest sh*thole in Europe
    Debatable.
    and by the sounds of it the rest of the county is not much better either.
    County or country?
    I really fail to see how it would be - only narrow-minded idiots would consider it a damning indictment of Tipperary/Ireland. And then there'll be people here saying "yes, you're right. I'm ashamed" - as if they have some sort of responsbility. There is an obsession with labelling, categorising, putting people in groups. Why can't people just see this as an attack by a bunch of scumbags? Why does nationality/country have to come into it?
    I'm not even patriotic or nationalistic or any of that stuff either - I think that's the very same thing, but in the reverse.
    To not mention them would be appalling. Who's in the majority here? The scumbags or the decent people? Yet people prefer to focus on the negative.
    suggesting that he can f*ck off if he tells it like HE saw it was pretty poor, imho.
    The way HE saw it is still not representative of all of Ireland.

I'm not trying to get into a fight here - I just wish people wouldn't be so obsessed with nationality in order to put others into categories.

Dudess wrote: »
    I really fail to see how it would be - only narrow-minded idiots would consider it a damning indictment of Tipperary/Ireland. And then there'll be people here saying "yes, you're right. I'm ashamed" - as if they have some sort of responsbility. There is an obsession with labelling, categorising, putting people in groups. Why can't people just see this as an attack by a bunch of scumbags? Why does nationality/country have to come into it?
    I'm not even patriotic or nationalistic or any of that stuff either - I think that's the very same thing, but in the reverse..
    If had being a case were only Irish people were victims of the assault then it would be dealt with ( or not ) in an Irish way as in ' an Irish solution to an Irish problem ' .Now just because an American person was one of those 8 people assaulted doesn't mean that because he was a visitor to the country , his assault was a more serious affair than the local people ,of course not ( although he may have being physically left in a worse state) .But it becomes of intrest out side of Ireland in the broader sense because a Citizen of another country,going about his business was seriously attacked in broad daylight . The American in question said that although he was touched by all the care shown by Irish people , he would return to Ireland again yes , but not to Tipparary . I wouldn't call that being small minded ,in fact in the same shoes I would do the same and yes, Tipparary / Irelands image abroad will be damaged by this attack , just like if it happened in any other place

He did say he might ( or would) come back to see his culprit in court if events move in that direction

Dudess wrote: »
    I agree. He may well just have been thinking "I've got to get home" because we tend to crave the comfort of familiar surroundings in times of trauma... My criticism of him packing up and leaving the country was harsh, on reflection.

Thanks, and respect, for that. :)

I don't think we're miles apart on many of the issues. I'm not looking for a fight either. It's very easy to misinterpret the written word, but I don't do disingenious (not deliberately anyway!)

On a general note - sometimes we do stand or fall as a nation. Look at the national pride in recent sporting successes. Look at the near total condemnation of the recent attacks up North (how many
    posted the words "not in my name"? ) And sometimes we have to put our hands up & say "we have our problems here too. They're not overwhelmingly widespread, but we maybe don't deal with them as well as we might."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I agree with what you are saying about the 'rotten apples' but these people went from the hospital to the airport.

They are going to paint everyone with the same brush.
    The guy was here on a holiday, probably for two weeks or so. First day here he gets a savage beating and we're not talking a scuffle or a few slaps either. I mean if reports are to be believed about broken noses, mangled faces etc I'd say he wouldn't have enjoyed the rest of his stay no matter where it was so he just shipped off home.
    The couple in question come here often, to the Glen of Aherlow which is just outside Tipperary. My boyfriends family knows them quite well. They have been coming here for a few years and have never had any problems. They were here a good week or so before the assault happened. They have also stated that they will come back in future to the Glen, but not to Tipp Town, which is of course fair enough.
    The victim of the assault is talking to Joe Duffy on the radio now . Apparently a 70 year old man was also a victim of assault there .7 people in all .It seems this is a regular occurence by this particular family and not once has any one of them being arrested ? Something very wrong there .
    Yes this man was assaulted outside a pub while smoking a cigarette. He was shook by the events but is physically ok. This is not a regular occurrence by this family, as previously stated they aren't even from Tipp Town. 3 of them have been arrested and will be in court tomorrow.
    Well by the sounds of the American man's testamony on Joe Duffy, he seems to have been praising everyone else in Tipp. Town.

One woman came on and said her 14 year old son was attacked that day, and a garda just strolled over, and said to the attacker "You shouldn't be hitting young boys", like he threw a paper airplane at him.
    It's no wonder the Gardai wouldn't show up on the show, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Same group of lads by the sounds of it, on the same street. Get more gardai patrolling the streets, patrol cars, if any trouble is spotted, get the feck in there!!!! Don't just shuffle by, picking the dirt out of your finger nails!!!

2 TDs came on, one said he had no idea of any of this (bull****), and another said he would go to the Dail tomorrow.
    Untill anything happens, they are just words.
    Yes same group of 'lads'- but take into account that these are grown men between the ages of about 21 and 25. I can't comment on the incident on the 14year old as I haven't heard anything about it. I cant comment on the TDs either as I didn't listen to the whole show.
    RossBurke wrote: »
    i was listening on friday and was listening today. i absolutely have sympathy for the people, especially young guys in tipp town who have to live in fear of being picked on by these guys. i know what its like to be intimidated, and it makes you feel so helpless and ashamed...especially when youre a youngfellah

Total over-exaggeration. No young boys in Tipp town live in fear, well except for those who were listening to Joe Duffy!! ;) If we were all fearing for our lives in Tipp I would hardly walk home alone after the disco through the roughest part of town now would I, (19 year old female, petite)?? No offense mate i'm not saying you're exaggerating, i mean the incident itself. this was an isolated incident.

And I can understand peoples frustrations with the legal system but trying to create peace through more violence is like fu*king for virginity. Also this type of vigilanteism (haha spelling is Awful!) might have taken place if this family were from the town, which they're not. They live miles away, in a different county. Probably were in Tipperary because it's the closest place to home that would actually serve them in a pub/shop/chipper.
    DarkJager wrote: »
    I listened to Joe duffy today as well, and I can't get my head around how 4 asshats managed to walk around the town attacking people without a single person intervening. Its shocking actually. How many people were in the town that day?

There were over a thousand people people on main street alone that day. Therefore the miniscule garda presence didn't stand a chance. All the attacks happened within the space of an hour in different locations in the town. People simply didn't realise what was happening. As i previously mentioned one guy who did jump in, a publican, was beaten with his own bat and bottled for his trouble resulting in 9 stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭whatisayis

It is unfair to paint Ireland as more violent than most other countries. There is a scumbag element in most countries but the problem in Ireland is the lenient sentencing by the courts. There should be no such thing as concurrent sentencing for crime involving violence - each incident should receive an appropriate, individual sentence and therefore there would be no-one free to be on the streets with numerous previous convictions. As it stands at the moment, someone can be released on bail after a manslaughter conviction, commit several crimes while on bail and then serve each sentence concurrently. I can't actually think of any instance recently when anyone convicted of several crimes had to serve a consecutive sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

RonMexico wrote: »
    When was the last time you ever saw a group of Gardai baton charge anyone?

I've never seen it happen personally but nearly fifteen years ago when the British soccer hooligans caused trouble in Lansdowne Road (or wherever the hell it was), the Gardaí charged en masse and beat the crap out of them. I was delighted because they obviously didn't think they'd see any resistance at all and I liked that they were getting a taste of their own medicine. If the Gardaí do (if they are able to) that more often we might not have such problems on our streets.

What everyone is saying is correct - very few people in this country, especially the scumbags causing trouble, are afraid of the Gardaí. What is needed is someone to do the job Rudy Giuliani did with New York a while back - someone with a no tolerance policy and the power to enable the Gardaí to engage these bastards on the street.

On the other hand, a friend of mine said there'd be no such trouble if marijuana was legal in this country, because everyone would be too relaxed to think about causing it! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

in fairness. tipp town is some Sh!t hole

• Advertisement

Total over-exaggeration. No young boys in Tipp town live in fear, well except for those who were listening to Joe Duffy!! ;) If we were all fearing for our lives in Tipp I would hardly walk home alone after the disco through the roughest part of town now would I, (19 year old female, petite)?? No offense mate i'm not saying you're exaggerating, i mean the incident itself. this was an isolated incident.

quote]

well what i heard on the show were several people who said exactly the same thing.... that this was NOT an isolated incident.... they just dont usually attack 8 or more people a day.
    there were several mothers on to say that their sons had been assaulted in weeks and months preceeding paddys day by the same guys/guys.
    correct me if im wrong but if these youngfellas were not living in fear of these knackers they would have already pointed them out in a courtroom and theres a good chance one or more of these guys would be serving a jail term. after all i dont think a judge would look very kindly on a fully grown knack beating up a young boy, even if the gards seem to think its ok.
    and by the way, being a petit young girl is probably to your advantage when walking through the "roughest" part of the town....
    ...males are usually seen to be more legitamit targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

A number of people are expected to appear in court tomorrow in connection with incidents in Tipperary town on St Patrick's Day.

Four men are being held today after being arrested in an early-morning operation involving up to 30 gardaí with armed support.

Public concern is growing over violent incidents in Tipperary town in which a number of people suffered serious injuries last week.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/eyaumhsncwkf/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Anybody from Tipperary Town care to comment on this thread.

Whats going on down there?

Are they are family of Jacobs cream crackers or just Deliverance types?

I hope the US citizen is okay, no doubt he will tell all his friends and colleagues to steer well clear of The Emerald Isle.

What going on with the Garda response, giving warnings??? WTF

its funny... it seems the gards have ignored the problem with this family for years and as soon as it is a big issue on joe duffy they have helicopter flying around and several members of the armed response unit out!!
    seems to me that the gardai care more about public relations than they do about law and order.
    they released a statement to joe duffy at the outset of the first broadcast on friday saying that the problem wasnt as bad as people were saying, and then this morning they had dozens of gardai swooping on the town!! why didnt they crack down on the family before it was highlighted in the media??
    it seems if a problem like this needs to be solved, it has to be turned into a hot topic on joe duffy before the gardai consider it a priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Why is the answer to every scumbag problem always "more police"?
    More power to the social services to remove children from bad parents.
    Volunteer them in overseas armies if they're of age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I'd rather see Michael Fingleton hanged than those lads tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

K4t wrote: »
    I'd rather see Michael Fingleton hanged than those lads tbh.

well it looks like no elderly person known to you got his jaw broken with a slap of a bottle just because he was watching the parade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

old boy wrote: »
    well it looks like no elderly person known to you got his jaw broken with a slap of a bottle just because he was watching the parade
    Good one.

Still doesn't compare to the actions of the other fella imo. It's not the teenage thugs who are destroying this country on a whole. This is off topic. Of course the thugs should be put in jail. Hopefully they'll get some rehab while in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭whatisayis

Magnus wrote: »

Absolutely agree. Only I think they should be sent as overseas aid volunteers in famine/war ravaged countries so they may just develop a bit of humanity. Sending them to join an army could just feed their violent tendancies.

I know this is not really pc but I would hazard a guess that the family in Tipp is of the type that think bringing a machete/slash hook to a wedding is common practice?

• Advertisement

Magnus wrote: »

not a bad concept. i hate the thought of sending these guys to irish prisons because it only bolsters their "untouchable" mentality. they dont change their mindset in jail, they come out with even more scumbag cred!! i say send them off to do peacekeeping in sierra leone or something... that would put the frightners on them. oh yeah, and dont give them a gun.....give em a stick or something going over :D

Advertisement