Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The psychology of food cravings

• 21-03-2009 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

When I really want something sweet like cake, biscuits or chocolate it is after I have eaten a meal. I wonder is that purely a psychological thing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dunno, but the tradition is to serve your dessert after the meal, perhaps your body got used to that tradition, or else vice versa and some normal effect resulted in that tradition coming about.

I was in China and was often served a sweet "dessert" before the main meal, not always though, it did come after sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I think it's habit. I always fancy cheese after a meal. After an eat-till-you-burst ski holiday, I've been having a bowl of celery soup after meals, and it seems to hit the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

EileenG wrote: »
    I've been having a bowl of celery soup after meals, and it seems to hit the spot.

lol yeah whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭SparkyLarks

try fruit

Advertisement