Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork Sausages in Oz

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Mate of mine calle Quentin is a Butcher in Brisbane, he does a fairly decent Pork Sausage,

His Shop is in the Lutwyche Centro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Celtic Koala

Hi Guys,
    we have opened an Irish Store, Celtic Koala here in Everton Park, Brisbane. We have a full range of Denny style Irish Sausages, bacon, black & white pudding, Kerrygold butter, Irish cheese, freshly baked brown soda bread and all the crisps, sauces chocolate, soft drinks etc that you all are missing! Check out our website www.celtickoala.com.au, we are hoping to be selling the meat online in the next week or so or come visit our store, 4/508 South Pine Rd, Everton park, QLD 4053. See ye soon! Liz 0415 455946

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Hi Guys,
    we have opened an Irish Store, Celtic Koala here in Everton Park, Brisbane. We have a full range of Denny style Irish Sausages, bacon, black & white pudding, Kerrygold butter, Irish cheese, freshly baked brown soda bread and all the crisps, sauces chocolate, soft drinks etc that you all are missing! Check out our website www.celtickoala.com.au, we are hoping to be selling the meat online in the next week or so or come visit our store, 4/508 South Pine Rd, Everton park, QLD 4053. See ye soon! Liz 0415 455946

10 mins from my house. Excellent, will have to drop up. What times are you open at?

We are open Mon - Fri 9am -5pm, Late Night Thurs til 6.30pm and Saturday 10am - 2pm. How convenient you live close by! See you soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Any chance of a free sample, in sydney :D

• Advertisement

Sorry 'Mellor'!! By the time I post it down, pack it etc! We will definitely be delivering though in the next week or two to all metro areas in Oz, working on it as we speak! The sausages are really the closest thing you are gonna get to Denny's too, we have been extra picky in choosing our products so there are no empty promises made!! Nothing but the best!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I also accept chocolate :D

It's good to see a bit of competition for Taste.com.au
    Maybe you should start a new thread. Seeing as you do more than saugages and rashers

Aw no Denny ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

There's an Irish shop on the main Parramatta Road @ Stanmore in Sydney, didn't go in but had a quick look thru the window and they do Irish goods wonder if they maybe distribute some these Sausages.

As far as I know we are the only place selling these ones as proper Denny Style Sausages. They are definitely the closest thing to Dennys that you can get over here! Just confirmed that we will definitely be delivering meat products to Sydney so should be good to go by next wk. All metro areas from Townsville to Sydney so far!! Watch this space!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

why O god why would anyone want Dennys sausages?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

mandrake04 wrote: »
    There's an Irish shop on the main Parramatta Road @ Stanmore in Sydney, didn't go in but had a quick look thru the window and they do Irish goods wonder if they maybe distribute some these Sausages.

No, they are more irish 'stuff' than food, here is the website
    http://www.irishshop.com.au

There is a irish company in mascot
    http://www.tasteireland.com.au/

If anyone is out on North Shore, there is a Irish Butchers in Warringah mall.

Also in Marrickville Metro there is a butcher right across from Woolies (can't remember the name) they have Pork Sausages (without lots of herbs and spices etc) they also have black pudding - which is nice enough.

and again anyone who lives in newtown there is a cafe called the Funky Monkey on King st, which has an Irish Breakfast for $12
    Sausage (beef though), Eggs, bacon, beans, tomato, Black Pudding (delish) and Toast.

Pretty cheap and much nicer than some of the irish bars breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Sorry 'Mellor'!! By the time I post it down, pack it etc! We will definitely be delivering though in the next week or two to all metro areas in Oz, working on it as we speak! The sausages are really the closest thing you are gonna get to Denny's too, we have been extra picky in choosing our products so there are no empty promises made!! Nothing but the best!! :-)

Will you be able to post meat to Perth??
    tasteireland.com.au dont :( Sucks being in the most remote city in the world

Unfortunately we cant either, it would not be safe to have it packed for that long without refrigeration. We could airfreight it but it will cost around $50. I will look into it for you if its something you really want. Might be something you may want to take up at Christmas or something!? If you are ordering enough or have mates that want to order some also you could all chip in. Let me know anyway and I can work on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 thecandle

The thin gold medal pork sausages from David Jones foodhall in Sydney CBD are pretty damn awesome if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I found the Italian pork sausages in Aldi the best - however when they are BBQ they are all good :D

Back home in Eire now and having my fill of Denny's I tell ya and black pudding, oh how I missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cerey

Coles have just started buyin in Irish Meat. sausages, black and white puddin, rashers and gammon steaks.
    None of this Cumberland Malarky

I was skeptical but my god were they nice. Pretty much the real deal. Have only seen them in One coles so far in Perth, but im sure not long till they all start stockin them..

My local had a whole freezer full and within 2 days the whole section had been cleared out.... :) plenty a Irish around these parts :D

Seriously keep an eye out. Puddin just melted in my mouth...forgot how feckin fantastic it tasted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Any good pork sausage retailers in NZ? Specifically Auckland?
    Had a gut full of those bloody beef sausage before, never again. Would be nice to know if there's a supplier around...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

cerey wrote: »
    Coles have just started buyin in Irish Meat. sausages, black and white puddin, rashers and gammon steaks.

I was skeptical but my god were they nice. Pretty much the real deal. Have only seen them in One coles so far in Perth, but im sure not long till they all start stockin them..

My local had a whole freezer full and within 2 days the whole section had been cleared out.... :) plenty a Irish around these parts :D

Seriously keep an eye out. Puddin just melted in my mouth...forgot how feckin fantastic it tasted :P

Which coles?? I'll be there in the morning if they have some!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cerey

Minxy Moo wrote: »
    Which coles?? I'll be there in the morning if they have some!

Coles in Northbridge have them. Do it!!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

awesome, next weekend I think a road trip is in order :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Save yourselves from bowl cancer and leave your sausage eating habits at home! Unless its a Superquinn sausage of course, nobody can resist a Superquinn sausage!

@CelticKoala

Just tried to have another look at your site there and I got an avast warning about a virus!

Not sure if it's a false-positive or what, but it stopped me going any further. Might be worth checking out!

@ Vorsrpung
    Thank you for letting me know, yes we are having a problem with the Avast malware program for some strange reason and are working at resolving this! Hopefully we will have resolved this problem in the next few days. Thanks for letting me know, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

cerey wrote: »

i think all coles in perth have them now, the one in mandurah do anyway. Its a butcher in perth that makes them, he has gammon steak, sausages, bacon, and black and white pudding.
    The Bacon is gorgeous, you forget how nice irish bacon is after a year of eating the australian crap. Sausages are pretty good too. White pudding is ok.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

This is quite weird. One of the things I looked forward to when coming home was decent beef sausages, rather than the fatty salty pork things that are served in Ireland. I do have a very good local butcher who has great quality. The other thing which is great is being able to buy bacon that does not shrink away to a tiny slither in a puddle of salt water when heat is applied.

I must admit though it is hard to get good Black Pudding here. That is still a quest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

My butcher does a decent Pork sausage. Provincial Meats of in South Morang.

However I do have to request it without Fennel. Caban do you know what is the reason for a default to fennel in an Aussie Pork sausage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

CabanSail wrote: »
    This is quite weird. One of the things I looked forward to when coming home was decent beef sausages, rather than the fatty salty pork things that are served in Ireland. I do have a very good local butcher who has great quality. The other thing which is great is being able to buy bacon that does not shrink away to a tiny slither in a puddle of salt water when heat is applied.

My god :eek:

It must be true, one man's perfection is another poison
    I miss Pork sausages and Irish Rashers ... not these foot long bacon things ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Lads (Hussey esp) Probably a little OT but is there still a cafe on Bondi Rd called "The Three Steps cafe" it used to do a mean breakfast fry up?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Caban do you know what is the reason for a default to fennel in an Aussie Pork sausage?

I really don't have an idea what goes on with Pork Sausages. The Beef Sausage is the most common here. I do recall seeing Pork & Apple sausages at times but the fennel is new to me.

Advertisement