Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork Sausages in Oz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Lads (Hussey esp) Probably a little OT but is there still a cafe on Bondi Rd called "The Three Steps cafe" it used to do a mean breakfast fry up?

Yeah it's still there, it's ok but if in the area "cosmopolitian" in bondi junction and the garden cafe on bronte road are both better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah it's still there, it's ok but if in the area "cosmopolitian" in bondi junction and the garden cafe on bronte road are both better

Doubt I will be in sydney any time soon. A long time ago we used to wander down there for breakfast as we all lived in the Apt over the milk shop opposite waverly Oval.

It had one fry on the menu that was a pure heart attack on a plate, had steak and everything.

Alas no pork sausages.

Caban I remeber an aussie chick in dublin once moaning she could never find a decent beef sausage* and she was right no butcher had them. So your not alone, however up north they are plentiful.

* Dont I have re-read it and I know how it sounds but for the love of god lets not go there...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Anyone know if that place in kew is still going and if not where to get some sausages and black pudding around Melbourne cbd. Even a general butchers shop in the city. Don't like buying my meat pre packed from super market.

I believe it is ...not been there yet. Aussie beef sangers are fine as long as you use a barbie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

I cooked up some pork sausies from Taste Ireland on Sunday morning, I have to say I was a bit dubious but they were smashing. :D

The closest I have tasted to Irish sausies since I got here!. Pretty pricey, though worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

Slunk wrote: »
    Anyone know if that place in kew is still going and if not where to get some sausages and black pudding around Melbourne cbd. Even a general butchers shop in the city. Don't like buying my meat pre packed from super market.

Paddys meats in Kew is still going strong; 126 Cotham Rd, Kew, VIC, 3101

http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/paddys-meats-butchers/kew

Fair pricey for some of his meat mind you, but his tasty pork snags you cannot beat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

@ Celtic Koala:
    I'll be in Brisbane next month for a training course so i'll be in to say hello and take half your Rockshandy and Lucozade stock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

You can buy Lucozade in Coles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

mandrake04 wrote: »
    You can buy Lucozade in Coles.

Thanks, I must have a look - haven't noticed it any time I've been in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

GalKiefer wrote: »
    Thanks, I must have a look - haven't noticed it any time I've been in there.

Its next to redbull, gatorade etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Bringing up an old thread here but I found some killer pork sausages in marrickville (SYD) if anyone lives around there
    http://www.urbanfoodmarket.com.au/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=14&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=23

Personally Pork & Fennel for me!

Also I tried the Aldi Pork sausages - they had 'pork' and 'Italian' ($3.50 per pack) very nice, one of the better package sausages I've had!

Tried the aldi ones myself. They were average. Just need the time to pop up to kew and hopefully get some decent sausages and black pudding

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Slunk wrote: »
    Tried the aldi ones myself. They were average. Just need the time to pop up to kew and hopefully get some decent sausages and black pudding

Why do you speak of Kew in this way. What am i missing? I live there!! Good sausages??? Hook a brother up!!

A few posts up mentions paddys butcher in kew. Has a website too. Sells Irish groceries too. I'm after sausages black pudding and chef brown sauce :)
    Seen as your closer you try them and let me know the verdict :p

Ill look into it Slunk. Only 15 min walk from the house!!

Cool. I might end up jumping on the tram Thursday and check it out if you haven't by then :)

sweet. 109 from city or 16 from st kilda but that take forver

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

What is the big deal with the Irish trying to source fcuk1ng sausages in Australia!?
    The so called Irish sausages are cat, most are even cat back home!
    Australian snags are a whole lot nicer than that muck and probley cheaper...ah man....lol!

Australia = good meat people!!

Stop trolling please, lots of nationalities source the food they have grown up with, nothing wrong with beef sausages, we just prefer pork, as most of the sausages in Ireland are pork

skipz wrote: »
    What is the big deal with the Irish trying to source fcuk1ng sausages in Australia!?
    The so called Irish sausages are cat, most are even cat back home!
    Australian snags are a whole lot nicer than that muck and probley cheaper...ah man....lol!

Australia = good meat people!!
    :rolleyes:

Irish snags are pork, Ozzy sausages are beef, really too different foods.

I've had beef sausages a few times, are I don't think the Ozzy ones were very special. I found the beef sausage in the states much better.

I'd give the Ozzy the gold medal on Kangaroo sausages and steaks. Tasty stuff that.

• Advertisement

I like chicken sausuages.

mandrake04 wrote: »
    I like chicken sausuages.
    me too - these are really nice poached or in a stew - not mad about them fried

hussey wrote: »
    not mad about them fried

Are you mad? Fire them on the Barbie

Not mad on chicken sausages.
    I worked in superquinn when I was younger. Everyoen knows superquinn port sausages are the business. But they had a range of chicken ones too that were class.
    If people have any suggestion for nice chicken ones in coles or woolies I'll give them a spin. The last oens I got were over seasoned with sage or rosemary and ruin them completely.

Also never trust any sausages which in the ingredients it says 'meat'

if you read the ingredients of some of the packages it's pretty scary.

Dont think ......just eat.

.....as they say in Asia.

Pretty much all sausages in Oz should be done on the barbie.

Zambia wrote: »
    Pretty much all sausages in Oz should be done on the barbie.

..... with a stubby at hand.

Should be made a law.

Just been to paddys in kew. Got myself some sausages and black pudding with a bottle of chef brown.
    Will give the verdict in the morning :)

• Advertisement

We await the results.

Advertisement