Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork Sausages in Oz

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

i want to know now.

i also want some black pudding, or even some proper white pudding.
    i have to stop reading these food threads

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Good man Slunk
    Heading there in the morning myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Dead handy to get to. 109 stops right outside. They have Lyons tea for 13 too. Ill get that next week if the sausages are decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Maybe we should organise a boards breakfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Mellor wrote: »
    i want to know now.

Couple of places in deli section of QV Market do great black pudding. It's about $20 p/kg but it's good stuff, just like proper butchers stuff back home, not supermarket muck like Denny's etc. Got to treat yourself every once in a while :)

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    i want to know now.

Ok. So the results are in. And I'm gonna call this a win for paddy's meats. The sausages are good. Damn good. Best I've had since I left home. White pudding a bit like the cheaper Denny's stuff back home but still it's White pudding. Decent rasher too. Would recommend place. So six sausages, quite big, 2 rashers and a small thing of pudding, 15 All in and he threw in pack of Erin Potato soup, score!

Dam you. I'm still waiting for my housemate to get up so i can use the cooker. I may have to start making some noise so he gets the hint.

Slunk wrote: »
    Dam you. I'm still waiting for my housemate to get up so i can use the cooker. I may have to start making some noise so he gets the hint.
    It's 2 pm, wait to cook? Wtf?

He's a chef. Works silly amount of hours. Something like 16 a day for six days. Saturday is his only day off. The day i want to make a fry :( although i heard some movement a minute ago. I think the time has come :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

What sort of rules are there in your gaff? A pin code for the cooker?

The smell of a cooking fry up is enough to get me out of my cot, get it going and he will soon get up.

• Advertisement

Well its a one bed apartment and we rent the one room. He sleeps in the kitchen/ living area cause he doesn't be here much. Fair deal i think. Just not when i want so make a fry

Anyway. Onto the important stuff. He's gone out. Made my fry and can honestly say it prob the best breakfast i had since i got here 8 months ago :)
    Sausages were nice. Just like home. Not much grizzle and stuff either. Ill be back to buy more.
    Black pudding, again just like home. Nearly ate a whole ring due to sausages taking longer to cook. Was a little bland but i can live with that.
    Washed down with cup of Lyons, with the teabag left in the cup.

How was the rashers? Any different to middle bacon you get in Coles?

All in all money well spent. Ill be back next week to stock up some more and test the White pudding.

Advertisement