Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations?

Options
  • 21-03-2009 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to hear some lesser known bands and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations.
    I like most types of music, but my favourite bands would include Our Lady Peace, Foo Fighters, Staind, Kings Of Leon, 3 Doors Down, Sigur Ros - so kinda looking for a couple of bands along those lines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Band of Horses, Flaming Lips, Fleet Foxes, Elbow, Calexico, TV on the Radio, Animal Collective, MGMT, Mercury Rev, The Last Shadow Puppets, Portishead, Belle & Sebastian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Sounds like some of the stuff I've been listening to lately, I like all those bands (except Staind.. come on, now!) , so let's see...

Myslovitz*, We Are Scientists, Mute Math, Muse, Born Ruffians, The Black Keys, Cold War Kids, Beatsteaks, Bush, Marcy Playground, Efterklang, Bosse**, Cake, Gods of Blitz, Phantom/Ghost, Cherry Ghost, TempEau**, The Wallflowers, Counting Crows, Winson**, Silbermond**, Beck, Matthew Good Band, Big Wreck, Big Sugar, Seabear, Radio Moscow, The Tragically Hip, Moist, The Tea Party..

* = quite a few really good english songs; majority in polish, still excellent
    ** = all in german, but even if you don't know german it still sounds good

Don't know, I have a massive library with a ridiculous amount of different stuff (from classical to rap to 90's pop-punk to sigur ros..) so. Hard to limit that! http://www.last.fm/user/xiiad/library is mine.

Either way, get last.fm if you don't have it already, leave your current library of music on to play for a couple days, then spend the rest of your life addicted to the recommendation engine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Rilo Kiley.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thanks for the tips everyone. I shall start checking out some of those bands tonight.
    Keep the recomendations coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Pavement and Guided by Voices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement