Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on the Quay?

• 21-03-2009 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭

Passed an apparent incident on the Quay a short while ago, not far from the clock tower. A car stopped across both lanes on the river side of the quay, with Gardai around it. Traffic in both directions restricted to a single lane each way on the other side. I didn't get a good look as I was concentrating more on not hitting anything else.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not that long after I dont think but just outside the City Square car park two guards had a car stopped on the footpath. Looked like they were giving him a ticket though. The other guard slowed down oncoming traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Not long after that a garda car passed me by superquinn heading towards town:D

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭manus30

not long after that i passed by the garda station and saw a garda walking out the front door........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

It was actually a small crash between 2 cars at the entrance to the car park on the Quay,one of the 2 cars were from a driving school...hate to think what their insurance premium must be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I was in the Garda station last year. Getting a passport photo stamped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Sully wrote: »
    Not that long after I dont think but just outside the City Square car park two guards had a car stopped on the footpath. Looked like they were giving him a ticket though. The other guard slowed down oncoming traffic.

Seriously? Wow.

Is this what the press consider to be a slow news day:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Seriously? Wow.

Is this what the press consider to be a slow news day:pac:

lol it was just unusual place for cars to be stopped. They seemed like those garda volunters or something. It might have been a checkpoint, I couldnt see very well.

But yes.. a slow news day. They were doing a speed check tonight outside Hasbros, nearly got caught myself.

Advertisement